- Szn1 ep1-Puppies and kittens

'

'God help whoever's souls had to give birth to these kids' 

        This echoed my brain as I made a hearty breakfast with love and with care at the butt crack ass of dawn, made up of eggs, jelly toast, and beef jerky for the younger kids around the ages ranging from 4months to 3 years who were already up and hating life.

It was from, what I could tell, going to be a nice spring day, Pretty warm. 'maybe we could get this energy out and go to the lake later?'  I inquired, hoping to pass off the kids to someone else in the afternoon, then take a quick nap.
It was gonna be an eventful day I was sure of it, and yet my feet had already started hurting and my head began to ache from a day that hasn't even happened yet, 'oh yippee'. Was my only thought.
——
Other then the patrol outside, the people who are to traumatized to sleep, and the kids; I was the only one up in the whole camp, that's not unlikely on days like this though.

I had the 4 month old in my arms being rocked gently back and forth to the flow of my sway, her fussiness nowhere close to quieting down as I started up the formula on the stove.

The twins, both 3 years of age, are in the other room watching magic school bus on the Old and barely functioning portable DVD player I found in a storage shed. 

The sound of the nostalgic show bounced off the walls of the double wide trailer I shared with the kids and the father of the twins, who is now a heavy drinker after his wife's brutal passing.

Worst part is he doesn't do shit but he won't leave, and he claimed the main bedroom as his own, leaving me the couch normally.

Stuck Lost in thought, as i serve the meals out to the different plates laid out on the stained ugly counter dated back to the 70's. With baby still rocking back and forth in my arms, now with a warm bottle of formula being so graciously chugged after her anal explosion into my face, with her eyes open and small coos escaping her with each large gulp.

I adjust the bottle "be careful, I'm not looking forward to burping you, this is a clean sweater." I said placing the two dishes of food down on the wooden table in front of me, with two glasses of water.  "Can I have syrup?" Tommy said, with pleading eyes, I hesitate knowing that's something we usually have to go out looking for "yes, but only use a little." I said placing baby Eliza in her high chair.

———————