[24] Prep

We arrived at a clearing after 5 minutes of driving. Steve parked on the grass and we all got off. Everyone grabbed bags and we spread out all the items we had.

"Okay..." I said, looking at each individual item. "There's a bunch of empty bottles in the car. We can make... a Molotov cocktail."

"Molo who?" Erica asked

"Molotov cocktail, it's basically a bomb in a bottle" Dustin responded.

"Oh- yea we need lots of those"

"Okay- Robin and I will work on that," Steve said

"We can create a shield with trash can covers!" Dustin smiled

"I'll help!" Ricky exclaimed, "we can hammer nails into them for more protection!"

"I'll help too" Eddie added

"Hmmm" I looked at the items left that weren't already claimed, "I think- maybe we can make spears? We can wrap knives to the end of poles"

"Yea... but what do we do with the Machetes?" Lucas asked

"Maybe we can use them to cut thick branches off trees, to use for the spears" Dustin suggested

"Good call" I smiled, patting his back.

"I can modify the gun, take off the barrel with the hand saw," Nancy added

"Why would you need to take off the barrel?" Robin asked

"Gives me more range, I wouldn't have to get into close combat" Nancy sighed. I looked at her, remembering what Jason said at the store.

"Is that even legal?" Max asked

"Nope" Nancy replied, "I think it's a felony"

"It is a felony" Ricky added

"I'm still doing it, it guarantees that I don't miss."

"Okay then, Sinclair siblings can work on spears, Nancy and Max can work on the gun, Steve and Robin on the Molotov Cocktails, Eddie Ricky and Dustin can work on shields" I smiled

"What about you?" Eddie asked

"I'll work on with what I got, practice my reflexes, power balls. I don't really need weapons. I am technically my own weapon"

"That is true" Nancy added "Working on that Can help us in the long run- especially if things don't work out"

"Alright, that settles it. Let's give it-" Steve looked at his watch "2 hours? Maybe 3. We have to do this as soon as possible to prevent more damage"

We all nodded our heads and split up. Eddie, Dustin, Ricky, and I stayed a bit further from the group. I instantly started working on the skills I already knew. I took garbage from the motorhome and used them as props.

I threw empty cans at different speeds and with a different techniques, trying to figure out which is best. I threw power balls at objects, practicing my aim.

"Y/N!" Ricky called out.

"What!" I yelled. I turned around as a nail came flying in my direction. I lifted my hand up and stopped the nail, it was only a few centimeters from my face. "Dude!" Eddie said, punching Ricky in the shoulder

"What!" Ricky whined

"You could have hurt her!"

"Whatever."

"Hey Ricky" I smiled. He turned at me as I threw the nail back. I stopped it the same length it did to me. Ricky fell to the floor and stared at me. "What? Did that scare you?"

"Haha" Ricky fake laughed, getting up. I dropped the nail and looked at the trees. I remember an ability I had that I only used once. It was the night Chrissy died. Somehow I was able to charge power inside me, and created a wave of it.

I went into the motorhome and grabbed a radio. I went back to my spot and plopped it down. I sat in front of it and changed the Chanel's around until I got static. Eddie slowly walked up to me "what are you doing?" He asked

"I'm trying something out stay back. I don't know if this will work but if it does... it's gonna hurt."

He nodded his head and made his way back. I increase the volume and closed my eyes. Listening to the static.

I slowed down my breathing and stayed focused. I must have gotten into a trance because I was unable to hear anything other than the static. I was now aware of things. I could feel my heartbeat through my entire body and felt the energy from the sound transfer around me. I focused specifically on the sound waves. Each wave felt as if a beach waved slowly passed through me.

I somehow manage to collect said waves, the only way to describe it is as if your entire body is vibrating. It was peaceful, and relaxing.

"Y/N..." I opened my eyes and looked around. No one was near me. Everyone was still working on their weapons.

Eddie, Ricky, and Dustin were playing around. Eddie wrestled with Dustin for a bit before Ricky tagged-teamed Eddie. Eddie chased Ricky as I got up from the ground and cleaned the grass off of me.

I looked up as Ricky ran and hide behind me. "Have to get me through her!" Ricky smiled.

"Alright," Eddie sighed.

"What!" I asked. Next thing I knew Eddie has picked me up and threw me over his shoulder "WAIT!" I yelled

"Eddie the Banished has stolen the princess!" Eddie exclaimed. He had a small raspy voice, being in character.

He ran around chasing after Ricky with me still on him. I tried to get off but he threw me forwards and caught me bridal style. "I swear if Vecna doesn't kill me, you will" I smiled

"You can't die yet, I just got you" he smiled. He brought me closer and kissed my forehead. I heard Ricky and Dustin audibly gag. I turned to both of them.

The second they noticed I was looking, they stood up straight and stared at me wide-eyed. "Eddie, put me down real quick" I smiled. He did and I stared back at Ricky, arms crossed. "You have 10 seconds to run before I throw sh*t at you."

The pair looked at each other before running away to the van. I counted quickly to ten. I then lifted a few cans and threw them all at once at them. I managed to hit Ricky in the back so he fell. I flew to him but he got up and ran inside the Motorhome. I walked in and both of them screamed and laughed when they saw me. I playfully rolled my eyes "come out and help me practice" I smiled