𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅺ: "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐨!"

En başından başla

However, he felt uneasy and awkward with the idea of eating his favorite food in front of Arata. A million objections flooded his head, but before he could utter any of them, Arata had snatched his right arm with both hands, with a broad and bright, but mischievous smile on her face.

At full speed, powered with a little natural demon strength, Arata pulled Giyu through the street they were on, around the corner, and stopped in front of a homely-looking, slightly worn down restaurant.

"Butterfly Lady told me," Arata said, as she let go of Giyu's arm, and bounced up and down on the spot enthusiastically, "That this is the best place to go to eat salmon daikon!"

She spun in a circle, her arms open wide, and stumbled slightly, "Let's go in!"

"Um..." Giyu mumbled, looking apprehensively at the weary-looking building.

There were slight stains on the ground in front of the front door, perhaps from numerous muddy footprints entering and exiting, and the front door itself which was made out of wood looked battered. A pile of black trash bags that had garbage filled inside, attracting flies, was stacked in the narrow alleyway between the right of the restaurant and the building next to it.

A chalkboard sign that was placed to the left of the ground door had minuscule and cramped writing on it. Some of the words were smudged, making part of the sign unreadable. However, from what was legible, the words written on the sign were a list of the restaurant's menu.

On the sign on the top of the restaurant were words in a thick, slanted font: 'Sea of Japan'.

Sea of Japan... a seafood restaurant? Giyu wondered, This worn-down restaurant is 'the best place to go to eat salmon daikon'? Is Kocho playing with me?

"Uh, Arata..." Giyu mumbled, turning to Arata to suggest that they go to another place.

"Uh-huh? Gi-Gi?" Arata replied, smiling.

Her smile was broad, and her eyes twinkled with excitement. Her hands were curled into fists, as she jumped from one foot to another.

Arata's eyes stared into Giyu's eyes so expectantly, that the latter's conscience prickled, struggling to utter the words that would let down Arata, and turn such a pure and innocent expression into a downcast one.

"Er... let's go in, what are we waiting for?" Giyu sighed, giving into Arata's cuteness.

"Yay!" Arata cheered, leaping into the air and hugging Giyu tightly.

They walked in, Arata looking around, excitedly, turning her head right and left. Giyu, holding Arata's hand gently, walked through the tiny restaurant, which had a few customers eating. One perked up as Giyu and Arata walked by.

There were two empty tables near the back. Giyu made a beeline to them until someone called his name, which made him freeze.

"Tomioka!"

It was a cheery woman's voice. Giyu turned, and amongst the people sitting in their wooden chairs, arched over their wooden tables, slurping and munching on their food, one woman with wavy, black-faded-to-purple hair, smiling, stood from her seat, with her arm out and waving.

Shinobu Kocho called Giyu's name again.

"Tomioka, over here~! Ah, Arata too! What a coincidence to see you two,"

Giyu, dumbfounded, made an expression that was a mixture of surprise, confusion, and dread.

Arata, with her hand in Giyu's, turned around and ran towards Shinobu, whose smile grew wider, pulling Giyu along.