The other male picked his head up from his wet hands, frowning deeply at the King, who phased back to his human form and hurriedly went to the small, open cavern below the plateau.

Hunter scrambled to get to his feet, running past me and the others. We were all at a loss of thought to each other, not daring to speak up. Hunter being the only other male authority was able to speak at free will until silenced.

"Mighty, mighty King of the Prides, I do hope you're not preparing for sniffing about the wolves," Hunter skidded to a stop, his hands up as he stood in front of King, but easily stepped back whenever the other stepped forward.

His human voice, the rare sound to our ears, rough like a dark leather belt with a soft like velvet behind its vigor. The King of Lions spoke eloquently, "I am making my way to the dogs. If you want to stand by me, so be it. Against?" He then snorted a chuckle through his teeth. His fangs from upper and lower jaw present with his growing anger, his eyes fluxing from a soft blue to a blood, crimson red. The King's Fury. "You will not see the moon's rise."

Hunter swallowed the lump in his throat, looking briefly at the lioness and myself before back at King. Breathing in as much as his lungs could allow him, he did nothing but bow his head down, and stepped to the side. King, being nearly over a foot taller than Hunter, also stayed silent, staring his younger protector of the Pride down in dominance. The pressure of this display he had put in front of the rest of the Pride. I felt it, inside of my chest, my stomach.

"I need one more to come with us," he spoke, scanning the Lions who walked by his side for decades and decades, some have been around for a near century. Though they have spent all this time with him, none volunteered to step to the Kings' fighting side. They all knew dealing with the wolves would end only with their own pain, whether it be mentally, physically, or too much to bear to the point of death upon return with the wounds those dog fangs can inflict on us. A dogs bite is more powerful yes, but lions claws are just as equally powerful. It's a matter of who can use them more efficiently than the other in a flight, though, the wolves are fast snappers, we are just cunning pouncers.

And despite the turmoil that may come onto me, or my life in general, I stood up. The moment my feet made a sound on the ground before I could stand, all eyes came onto me. The world around me felt like it didn't exist anymore, and I am standing on a pedestal, spotlight brighter than the sun on me, with all of the royalties of this pride looking my way.

King Dezujki, Dustin, his royal highness who stood tall with his arms pressed firmly across his marble-like sculpted chest stared at me. Wrinkles presented through his furrowed brow before it was joined with a smug, sharp smirk, You choose to stand with me on a calling as this one?

How... defiant... of you, Alex.

 of you, Alex

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.