momma i'm in love with a criminal

Start from the beginning

"She's my girlfriend miss. Please." I beg.

"Your name?"

"Erin Langston." I reply. "Why is she being arrested?"

"For vandalism. She has a permit to paint murals around the city however, we found some graffiti around the city on private property. We think it might be related to her work so we caught her doing some-"

"But she was hired to paint it." I say.

The officer raises her eyebrow at me cutting her off.

"Sorry." I murmur. She continues.

"Yes we know that now but we still have to check, just incase. Plus she has been arrested before so-"

"You had to arrest her though? What reasonable suspicion was there? Its too vague." I argue.

"Well my partner arrested her-" she was intimidated so I took the chance to shake her.

"You have a right to deny him. And to still have the cuffs on her in the car is a little excessive don't you think? There is no probable cause to arrest her."

The officer scoffs. "You're in law school aren't you?" I nod.

"Look you can ride along with her if you want. I'll take the cuffs off." The officer offers.

I agree. I text my friend to sign me in for class today. I skipped the past 2 days what's one more right? As long as my professor doesn't notice. Plus I kind of have an excuse here.

"We let your girlfriend ride along with you, Miss. O'Connell. We're just going to question you at the station." The female officer says, removing the cuffs.

"Damn what strings did you pull, mama?" Billie says, stretching her wrists. I hand her the bag I picked up.

"These damn cops cant do their job right. I just called them out because they're obviously doing something wrong."

The male cop glares at me and I glare back. Sydney smirks and chuckles.

At the station we sit in a waiting area for a while. We make small conversation, sitting across each other. We got to know each other's names and basic info. Billie is a Sag, 21, and very smart even though she has never gone to school. Eventually I tell her what the cop told me about why they arrested her in the first place. Billie said that she has never been arrested, just placed in holding for questioning and stuff like that.

"Wait, Erin you said you were on your way to school. What school?"

"College." I laugh.

"Oh well, duh." Billie seemed a little nervous.

"Did I look 17 or something?"

"No! Just like, that could mean a lot."

"Yeah I know, just kidding. lUhm, I'm 22 so I'm in my freshman year of law school at John Marshall."

"So thats how you got me out this shit. Your smart ass goes to law school." she says in awe.

"Yes." I laugh with her.