I jumped as his voice bellowed through the house. I couldn't hold back my tears.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Sorry doesn't mean anything. Your actions are what matters. What you did tonight was such a low blow and slap in the face to Shawn."

"I didn't mean..."

"Save it, Vaughn. Just save it."

-

Snapping out of my trance, I knew I needed to talk to Asher. He was going to be mad at me. Actually that's an understatement. The fact that I lied to him, yeah he was pissed. Surprisingly he answered.

Yo, when I see you it's over for you.

Ash...

Fuck that, V. Why didn't you just tell me where you were going?

You would've stopped me!

First off all, I really can't stop you from doing what you want. I would've at least known your location. We've shared our location for the last year. I don't keep secrets from you, why are you doing that with me?

I just know you would've stopped me from going and you don't like who I was going with.

Who'd you go with?

Luna and some other friends.

Damn right I don't like her. Her behavior is always erratic. I'm good off that.

Asher, please don't be mad at me.

You can't be serious. Here I am thinking my best friend went home like she said she was, but no I get pressed by your uncles. I swear Mr. Kev was going to shake the information out of me, but I didn't know shit. Look I respect your family and your parents, but I would always cover for you. My loyalty is to you. Don't do something like that again and not have me in the loop.

Alright, alright I'm sorry.

There was a hard knock on the door before it opened. It was my dad.

"You're supposed to be sleeping."

"Um, I am. I just..."

He took the phone out of my hand, hanging it up.

"Dad!"

"This is mine for the time being. You won't be needing it."

He left and I went to shower before passing out for the night. I swear I was only asleep for a few minutes before I was woken up again. Opening my eyes, I saw Uncle Shawn standing over me.

"Get up and get dressed. Bring your gear."

I was still half asleep trying to process what he said.

"What?"

He didn't respond, just picked me up and took em to the bathroom before putting me in a cold ass shower. This man has lost his mind.

"Ahhh!"

"It's 5am. I expect you downstairs at 5:15. Every minute after that is a lap."

He left me in the bathroom and I hurried up to get ready for the day. As I was stumbling over my clothes, I glanced at the clock to see it was 5:10. I quickly shoved stuff in a bag and made my way downstairs. 

"Cutting it close," Uncle Shawn spoke, standing at the doorway.

He was in workout gear.

"Where are we going?"