3. Fallen Angels

Prologue

They were all innocent. Killed because of their strawberry blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, and their angelic looking faces. Killed because they reminded him of the angel, his angel that never protected him like she was supposed to. There was a girl. Her beautifully positioned lifeless body draped along the bathroom floor. He stalked her. He stalked all of his victims, and watched how their lives slowly fell apart. and how their lives could be better if they were with him. He loved all his angels to death. In fact, he loved them so much that he would kill them if it meant no one else could have them. He broke into their houses and strangled them in their sleep with his bare hands so he could feel the life being sucked out of them. After, he would cut off their ghastly angel wings and watch them bleed out. He would wrap their bodies in a bed sheet before leaving. Then, he left behind his signature symbol, a single red rose dipped in blood next to their bodies. They were his angels, and he was their killer.

Victim 1: Aurora Brenner

She was the one. Aurora Brenner. The epitome of what his angel looked like. Blonde hair, blue eyes, an angelic face. She abandoned him. She hurt him. She betrayed him. He had to make her pay. Once he saw her, there was no turning back. Aurora would be the first of many angels to be brutally murdered by him. All angels eventually fall. He wanted to kill them in the worst way possible.

Aurora's death was a brutal one. He pulled a knife on her, and stabbed her several times in the chest and back before cutting off her wings. It was so gruesome. Aurora was lying in a pool of blood and there were blood stains everywhere. Then, as much as it hurt him, he mutilated her. "I'm so sorry, Aurora." he whispered to her. He loved her. That's why it hurt him so much to kill her. She was his first love ever since his angel.

But his love for her didn't matter. He hated her for leaving him. He was willing to kill anyone, even the ones he loved. He then dragged her along the bathroom floor, leaving a trail of blood everywhere, and placed her mutilated body in the bathtub. He turned on the water until it was knee deep. Before leaving, he took pictures of her dead body with a polaroid. He then placed a red rose near her body, and left.

Victim 2: Paige Laurier

One kill wasn't enough for him. After seeing her beautiful face in the crowd, the angel Paige Laurier would be next. He found her, and strangled her with a shower curtain. He then cut off her wings and watched as she slowly bled out. Then, he took pictures of her dead body with a polaroid. It would be his last memory of her, and how she died.

Next to her body was the red rose and the love note, saying just how much he loved her and how sorry he was to kill her. He did love her, but he wasn't sorry. He wanted them to pay. He wanted to hurt them just like they hurt him. During her last moments, Paige cried out in agony as he plunged a knife into her body. She immediately fell to the ground, but managed to live. To finish her off, he strangled her with a shower curtain. After a struggle, Paige was gone. He killed her just the way she wanted to.

After he killed Paige, he took multiple pictures of her with a polaroid to have as a memory of her. In his eyes, she was beautiful, kind, and thoughtful. All the qualities that his angel possessed. He couldn't get rid of them. He couldn't get rid of her. But at the same time, he knew what had to be done. She abandoned him, she left him in the dark, and now, any angel that looked like her would be cursed by him. He would torture them, and then kill them...to get revenge.

Victim 3: Heidi Brown

Her body was found in his room, lying in a pool of blood. Heidi Brown was his next victim. Heidi's death was by far his most brutal one.

It started off just like the others. They met, and he offered to take her out for dinner. Instead, he kidnapped her and brought her to his house, where the fun began. This time, instead of strangling her directly, he hit her over the head with a porcelain vase. There was a fracture to her skull, and it was cracked. Then, he tied her up to a chair, and strangled her with her own ropes. She was dead. Just like the rest, he cut off her wings, and took a lot of pictures of her body with the polaroid. He then put her body in a small, black carrier bag and carried it to a secluded forest. He started a bonfire, and threw her body in it. He watched the fire grow, and the body burn. Just like the others, he left a red rose near her body along with the love note, and he left, with a wicked smile on his face.

Heidi's death was one he actually enjoyed. Not too boring, not too gruesome. He felt no remorse for what he did to any of them. In fact, he actually enjoyed it. He was proud of what he did. Heidi, as pretty, and caring as she was, in the end, she was just like them. Just another pretty face. It was only a matter of time before she left him too. He couldn't take that risk. So, he decided to take matters into his own hands. It all worked out in his favor. Now more than ever, he couldn't stop killing. Not when he was this far into it. Something came over him. He wanted more and more each time. He was in too deep. He couldn't stop. He longed for more blood and the hatred inside him only grew with each passing day. Whenever he had time off, he would think of more sick and twisted ways to kill his future victims. No angel was left unharmed.

Victim 4: Isabelle Tanner

Her long, golden-blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes mesmerized him. Isabella Tanner. It was love at first sight. She was a little shy and introverted, but kind and loving. His two favorite qualities. Isabelle was his favorite. He wanted to keep her alive for a little longer than the rest. So he kept her in the basement for a couple of months, before eventually killing her.

Isabelle would be his perfect angel, the one he was most eager to kill. He hung her from the ceiling in the basement. First, he stabbed her in the chest and stomach and watched as she bled out uncontrollably. She was dead right on the spot. She hung from the ceiling from the waist and the neck. On the rope itself was the red rose and the infamous love note. Her eyes were wide open, and she turned blue. He loved it. Every minute of it.

The only difference was that her angel wings were still on. Strange. He never removed them. But she was the favorite after all. He wanted her to die as an angel, and nothing else.

The full moon was out, and it was pitch black. He loved the nighttime. The perfect time for hunting angels. He wasn't done. Not yet. He wanted more. More blood and more deaths. Isabelle was the reason he hadn't been caught. She took him to a secluded house, which was where he killed her in a twisted way. No one would know. They weren't looking for her. And if they were, they wouldn't find her body. Not in the middle of nowhere. But that didn't mean he stopped. He wanted to get just one more kill.

Victim 5: Charlotte Ainsley

The final victim was Charlotte Ainsley. She was the prettiest. Wavy, caramel like hair, piercing indigo eyes, rosy cheeks, and the most angelic smile he ever saw. He hated to kill someone like that. But it had to be done.

This was his most intricate murder yet. He wanted Charlotte to die a slow, painful death. They had first met at a bar, and he slipped something in her drink. He drove to his house in Phoenix, not too far from where they met. He tied her up in the living room with ropes, and waited until she woke up. Charlotte felt a stinging pain in her legs. It burned her. She looked up, and there he was, pouring acid on her. She screamed and cried, but he didn't listen. He just smiled and laughed. It gave him pride, and joy. After torturing her for what seemed like hours, he finished her off by stabbing her to death with a kitchen knife. His plan was done. The five angels were gone. He drove out to a lake a couple of miles away, and dumped her body in it. All that was left of Charlotte was the polaroid he took of her during her final moments. It was like his souvenir. A sick and twisted memory only known to him.

All the angels died horrible, painful deaths. But he loved it. His thirst for blood was no more, and he could finally sleep at night. The candle of death and blood in his mind had finally been blown out. Once they learned it was him who committed the murders, no one would ever mess with him again. It was a dream come true. All of them who betrayed him and hurt him were gone. They could no longer break his heart and hurt other innocent people again. In his eyes, they were bad, selfish people who only cared about themselves. Even the thought of it made him more proud of what he did. They made him kill them. If they weren't such bad people, there would be no reason to kill them. But he wanted revenge. And he got what he wanted.

Epilogue

The bodies of the angels were never found. No one knows what happened to them, and people still wonder to this day. Looking back at the photos for the last time, he was ecstatic. But he had to leave his angels behind. He left them the same way they left him. He wanted to give them a taste of their own medicine. They deserved it. He went to a new town to start a new life. But he always thought of his angels...and if he would kill again.