But he didn't. So he settled with keeping quiet.

"You seemed a little surprise I speak spanish."

Curse the universe. "I wasn't surprised. I was actually not surprised. I'm not sure how I can explain it and it'd make sense."

Mr Steinfeld grabbed the wheel a little tighter. "Try."

"I'm not gay."

Shit. He didn't want to say that. Because whenever he did, people looked at him with something close to pity and understanding.

But he really wasn't! So it was extremely exhausting to even explain.

Plus, the face Mr Steinfeld was making made Marcos feel like sinking into his seat. "I know."

Fuck you.

Marcos sighed and looked back at his phone then sat erect. Oh, God. She was back home by now. He was probably dead but somehow, still breathing. "Stop the car."

Steinfeld looked at him. "Your Mother said —."

Marcos turned to him as well. "Stop it."

At his words, the older man stepped on the brakes.  The car lurching forward for a second before Marcos opened the door and walked out. "Where are you going, Marcos?"

"Thank you, Sir." Was all he gave as a reply before he began to jog to her house, which was thankfully not so far away since they were already close to his house.

As soon as he was at her house, Marcos paused to catch his breath, taking a moment to blow warm air into his hand before he noticed that her bike wasn't parked in the frontyard.

He was late. Yes, that was true.

But it couldn't count, because she wasn't home.

Why?

He ignored the slight pain in his chest, knocking on the door for a while and entering when no one answered.

The stale smell of vomit and alcohol hit his nose, causing him to scrunch it before he spotted the woman on the couch.

Adriana had sweat all over her face, some residue of the vomit she had puked beside her still on her lips. Her skin looking pale and sick with some empty bottle of beer around her.

God, he felt sicker than before.

He could ignore this. Just go up to Alex's room and pretend he didn't see it which would even put him on the safety side since she hated it whenever he tried to involve himself including her Mother, but Marcos, wasn't like that.

The thought that she'd even have to come back home to see this. That she had been seeing this for so long made it impossible for him to ignore this.

So he ignored the voice telling him to mind business and cleaned up the mess on the floor, then helped clean up her face and body, before throwing out the bottles and finding a blanket to put over her body.

As he did so, his eyes moved to her face. Alex looked exactly like her, except she was darker skinned, and younger.

Not that he had ever seen Mrs Parker fully awake before, but he was sure that the version of her sleeping brought out her beauty more.

Smiling, he left her, taking his bag and walking up to Alex's room.

As always, even if everything in the house was in a chaotic state, her room was spotless. Everything kept in a perfect order which included the picture of him on her nightstand.

He smiled again, picking it up and moved his finger on the glass. She had taken the picture the first day he had dyed his hair, (which had been a battle for him since he worried about what his Mother would say).