Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

The two teenaged humans were still on the ground, it was as if in an instant they were some place else. Last they remembered, they were by the cliff. There were minotaurs. Then their beloved steeds fell.

At that the two humans shot up, looking panicked. They both immediately remembered what happened. The boy and girl noticed that they did not have any of the battle damage from before, there was no time to reflect on this though.

"Horse!" the girl yelled.

"Dain, Horse!" the boy yelled.

They noticed the two horses gallop over to them. Seeing their smiling faces, put the riders at ease. Despite how strange this new world looked to them. At least their most cherished friends were ok.

"Rider, I'm glad you're ok." Horse seemed so relieved.

"Thank goodness you're alright Taran." Dain smiled at his rider.

Both riders gave their respective horses hugs. Holding them close, then they have each other's horse a hug too. They felt so relieved that the horses were both ok. The horses returned their hugs.

Just then both riders eyes widened, as they realized what had occurred. Then they looked at their horses looking surprised. Could they, no, but they did.

"You two just talked!" they sounded shocked.

"Well, yeah we did." Horse answered, rubbing a forehoof to one of her forelegs "We were surprised ourselves."

"We still don't know why, though." He smiled at Horse "You sounds as lovely as ever Horsie."

The lady war horse blushed and smiled at her mate's compliment. He was such a sweetheart, plus a reliable partner to her. Dain gave her a kind smile.

"Thanks Dain, you always have a way with words, at least now." She joked a bit.

"Though you sound pretty great yourself fella." His mate gave him a smile.

The purple haired stallion loved that smile. He went over to his mate, nuzzling her. She nuzzled him back. They were both enjoying this. As they showed affection to each other, Rider and Taran looked around.

They looked at how bright and sunny everything was, as well as all of the nice grass. The mountains looked oddly shaped, like centaur type creatures. The horses too looked around. Also being weirded out as well.

"Where are we?" Horse asked looking around "What is this place?"

"I never have seen a place like this in all my life." Rider looked around.

"Me neither... Wait?" Taran seemed startled "Do you think we're?"

Just then a giraffe, person type creature seemed to have suddenly appeared infront of them. He was right infront of the quartet. Staring at them, his neck stretched towards them all.

"Hello." he smiled, using a soft yet creepy tone.

The quartet all screamed, as did this creature. This all goes on for a whole minute all so. Soon it stops.

"Whats happening?" Horse asked while screaming.

"I don't know!" the creature yelled.

"Why are you screaming?" Dain asked the creature.

"Because you are!"

The rider pointed her sword at the creature while standing infront of the others. Taran seemed somewhat intrigued by this creature. He wondered what was going on. Rider had a look of panic on her face.

"Who are you? Why did you attack us?" She glared at whoever this guy, creature was.

The giraffe seemed confused, tilting his head "Attack you?"

"I just wanted to say hello, my name is Durpleton." he smiled in a friendly way "Hello there."

Just then, Rider pointed her sword at him "Stay right there buster!"

Durpleton backs away but looks fascinated "Thats so nice and shiny, what is it?"

"You don't know what sword is?" Horse seemed puzzled.

"Oh I do, but.." he stretched his neck down, whispering "We are not supposed to talk about it."

"Huh?" the mare seemed confused.

"What do you mean?" Rider asked as she listened in.

Durpleton moved his face into their space, whispering "Its a secret.."

The quartet glanced at each other, then back to Durpleton. The Giraffetaur smiled vacantly at them.

"Lets scream again." Durpleton suggested.

Screaming continues, and the horses with their riders run away in fear, as Durpelton runs in circles, before ceasing his screaming and looking where Horse went with a confused face. Horse and Dain look at the world they are now in.

"What is this place?" Taran asked, looking around in wonder "I never saw any place like it before."

"I have no idea but its freaking me out." Rider replied, she then looked to Horse.

"Are you ok?" concern in her voice.

They were all running through trees and a colorful area, there were centaur-shaped mountains all around them. Horse was freaked out by this, as was Dain for that matter. He had no idea what was happening.

"No I'm not, this is all so weird." Horse clearly sounded freaked out by what was happening, "Where are we? This has gotta be a dream, we just, must have passed out in the battlefield or something, I-I just, urggh! Where's the war?!"

"Horsie, it will be ok." Dain said to her "I don't think anyone is chasing us right now."

"Yeah, I think we can stop now." Rider said, she petted Horse's mane, smiling gently.

"Yeah, I think we will be ok Horse." Taran, knelt a bit to pet her cheek "We'll safe for now."

Their reassurances helped Horse to calm down, she smiled breathing in and out. She was glad to at least have these three with her. At least she was not stuck in this strange new place alone.

"Thanks everyone, I guess this just feels so strange to me," the war horse smiled at her companions. "But I guess its weird for all of us."

"You said it buddy," Rider smiled, petting Horse's cheek.

Horse smiled, she loved it when Rider did that. This was all so strange for Horse, being able to speak and well, just about everything else around her. But she just felt that she was with the ones who meant more to her then anything else in the world.

"Things in this world can't get any weirder can they?" The War Horse thought to herself.

That's the end of chapter 1.

Please R and R.