01- The Ark

People talk about the world around us, about how space is a remarkable thing to look at, how the Earth is so large. Although, I wouldn't know about any of those things. Labeled as a criminal when I was born, I was sent to the Sky Box, only knowing the four walls of my cell room. Food is brought to me twice a day, giving me only a small glimpse of what is on the other side of the door that seals me in.

If I had known that this would be my fate, I would have rather never been born. I didn't ask for this kind of life. You would have to be stupid to think that I won't be floated- a way to kill criminals up here in space- when I turn eighteen next year. To think I've spent my whole life in this cell just to die is quite depressing.

Born a minute after my twin brother, I was taken away immediately. As a newborn, of course there would be no way that I would remember my family, remember my twin brother. The guards never tell me anything. When I was twelve, the Chancellor came in my cell, telling me that when I'm eighteen, my fate will be decided of what should happen to me. He seemed to want to remind me that I shouldn't be alive, after repeating that I was the twin that was not wanted about fifteen times. As if I could forget what sent me here in the first place.

I always dreamed of what I would say or do if I met my family. I wouldn't be mad at them. They aren't the reasons I've been locked in the Sky Box. They aren't the reasons I will be floated on my eighteenth birthday. The Council is why I will be floated, thrown out of the Ark and dead within seconds from the lack of oxygen. My body will be seen for anyone who is by a window, almost like a warning for anyone who tries to break the laws.

My eyes fall to the floor of my cell, lingering on the book by my feet. I was lucky enough to receive a book from the guards two months ago. They must have gotten tired of my pleading for something to read. My mind wanders too much when I don't concentrate on one thing. I think of the family I will never see. But, most of all, I think of my upcoming death.

Once, I did try to escape, but after being stabbed in the back with electricity was not only enough to send me to the floor, but made me never want to try that again. They didn't want me to escape. God forbid that a girl would want to see something other than her cell.

The door to my cell is pushed open and I quickly advert my gaze from the half read book to the two guards stepping inside. One carries an odd, black box in his hands, the other with a weapon that shoots electricity in your body when it comes in contact with you.

"Prisoner two forty three." The guard with the weapon orders as soon as he is inside. "Face the wall."

I quickly stand up and face the wall. What are they doing here? My meal isn't supposed to be for another six hours. I stare at the white wall in front of me. "What's going on?" I ask the two guards, desperate for an answer.

"Be quiet." The first guard orders. The other guard approaches me with some sort of wrist cuff. "Hold out your right arm."

I hold my arms to my chest, completely defying his orders. "What is that?" My worst fear plagues my mind as I stare at the electric cuff. I'm only seventeen.

"Hold out your right arm." The guard repeats himself.

I spin around, my back hitting the wall. "No. I'm not eighteen yet." I jump away from the guard with the weapon. "I still have another year. No, please, no."

The one with the cuff grabs my arm in his hand, squeezing tightly. I shove his chest, yanking my arm back from him. His fingers loosen a little on my arm and I kick him in the shin. The guard stumbles backwards in pain. Quickly, I bypass the other guard, nearly missing getting a hundred volts shot through my body. I race out of the door and stop when I reach the railing.

Everywhere I look, kids are being released out of cells. There must be over a two hundred cells in the Sky Box. My mouth falls open and I grip the railing tighter. Guards are escorting kids out of their cells, all with the cuff around their wrist. What's going on? Are they going to float all of us?

The cell next to mine is flung open and a girl with dark hair is forced out. I watch with wide eyes. Their eyes land on me, the girl forming words on her lips, almost like a warning.

My back arches and a scream of pain floats out of my mouth as electricity soars through my body. I collapse on the floor, breathing heavily. My body twitches as I lay flat on the ground. The guard snaps the cuff around my wrist, immediately. I blink my eyes, waiting for my body to stop convulsing.

The guard pulls his gun from the side of his belt and aims it at my arm. He pulls the trigger. I wince when the tranquilzer nails me in the arm. Almost immediately, I feel sleepy, my eyes struggling to stay open. My head rolls to the side and I see the girl watching me as she is forced to walk in the opposite direction by her guards.

I exhale, shutting my eyes, tiredly.

XXXXX

Guys, do you have any idea how excited I am for this? Oh my goodness. I absolutely love The 100 and have considered doing a story for so long and I finally decided to do one. So so excited.

I have a feeling you guys will really like Wren. And if you read the description, you know who her twin is. Ahh! So excited. He's one of my characters.

This story is going to be so good. I promise you guys. I'm really glad I decided to do this.

By the way, Wren is played by Willa Holland.

Question: What do you think?

So, yeah!