𝔻𝕀𝔽𝔽𝔼ℝ𝔼ℕℂ𝔼

"𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒔
𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 - 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒓, 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒓
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒓"

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑

𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕.

EDDIE HADN'T SAID A WORD TO LORI SINCE THEIR ABRUPT STOP. He had no words to say to her, to the fact there was a possibility he had to leave her here, alone. She didn't deserve it, he thought. She didn't deserve to be stuck in a place she had no right to be in. Even if it meant him never leaving this retched place, he would never dare to leave her here again.

When the words slipped from Lori's mouth, Eddie had scoffed in disbelief and walked away. His legs moved at a pace he knew she wouldn't be able to catch up with, and in that moment of anger he had left her there, stood in the middle of an empty and broken street, alone.

He wandered aimlessly between shops and buildings he had never payed any attention too before. Shopping carts were pushed out into the middle of the road whilst cars were motionless besides them. The same alien vines he had been free of for as long as he had been here for, wrapped themselves along the pavement and up over building, claiming everything in their presence.

His breathing began to ease and the burning in his chest had died down once he had reached the furthest point of Hawkins, or this version of Hawkins. Finally, he stopped and grunted, realising the danger he had just left Lori in.

He had expected her to have gone home when his feet stomped away like a Five year old child, but to his surprise she was still there, waiting for him.

Her eyes peeled away from her shoes as she heard the footsteps heading her way. Her arms were holding both of her legs as she sat on the ground, patiently. Once she saw Eddie, she sprang up and half expectedly waited for him to embrace her and apologise, but he never did.

In fact, he scuttled past her with a scowl spreading across his profile. Eddie was very stubborn, but he even shocked himself as he passed by her without a word, obviously still pissed.

And so they made their way back to the house in silence, only the vicious sounds of thunder from above.

Lori was confused. Ever since she had found Eddie, almost dead in the trailer park, she began to feel differently. Her head pounded with these new emotions with no way of knowing how to cope with them and it shattered her.

She had never intended for Eddie to be so hurt by this, so damaged by the obvious fact she wouldn't be there with him when he finally found his freedom and saw his friends.

"Eddie" she said as they approached the house. He ignored her and carried on into the home, throwing himself down onto the battered sofa across from the mantle piece. "Eddie please, talk to me" she begged, holding her temples in pain. His eyes stayed focused ahead of him as he spoke.

"Lori, look. If you can't have faith that we'll both make it out of here, then what is the point? Huh? This isn't a team of one. You have to help me" Eddie replied to her plead. Lori sighed, knowing he was right. She sat next to him and began to bite her nails.

"Somethings happening to me" she admitted to him, truly scared of what was to come.

"What do you mean?" He asked her, turning his head to the side to watch as she began to describe what she was processing.