Chapter Three: Getting Hammered, Right?

ابدأ من البداية

"Thanks, Lotts." he slipped off his converse and headed for the kitchen that was right in front of the living room, opening the oven and grabbing two slices, plating them and then heading back to the living room and sliding in next to Lottie, munching loudly.

"How's college?" Lottie piped up next to him, not even turning around to stare at Louis who probably was covered in tomato sauce. He didn't care. Louis wiggled his toes on the sandy carpet and then brought them up and tucked them under his bum, nibbling on his food.

"Yeah, it was good, bloody boring though." He took another big bite, gnawing at it loudly and probably irritating the shit out of Lottie.

Lottie groaned peskily beside him, throwing her head back against the cushions dramatically. "I wish summer was over already, I wanna go back to school already there's nothing to do anymore." she tsked.

"School starts next Monday for you Lotts." Louis pointed out, pointing the pizza at her as the cheese slowly slid off but luckily Louis caught it in his mouth.

"Two days too many."

Louis rolled his eyes and stared back at the television. "I wish I was still in summer though, I hate college."

"I thought you said you liked it." Lottie turned around to stare at him with pursed lips.

"Well, no not really." Louis moaned around a bite, licking his fingers.

"Hmm," Lottie acknowledged, turning her head back at the TV as well. "I wish I was in college."

Louis snorted.

"Trust me, you don't."

"But I do though."

"Lotts, college sucks. People bully you all the time and there's so much work to do it's annoying and besides, people are real jerks there." Louis furrowed his eyebrows, licking over his lips. "Well some, not all."

Lottie stayed silent.

The pizza was burnt at the bottom and the crust was sponged moist and the cheese tasted stale but Louis wasn't gonna let that ruin his favourite food. It was still pizza, and pizza was awesome.

"Is someone bullying you?"

Louis' chewing stopped, but he quickly played it off and continued, shaking his head and smiling. "Lottie," he closed his eyes and sighed dramatically, "you know I'm way too cool for people to bully me," he heard Lottie snort beside him, "I'm talking about others, my college experience is great, besides all the work." He looked at Lottie who possibly looked calmer, her hair flowing silky beside her and her eyes softer.

"Alright, Lewis, we get it," Lottie rolled her eyes. " you're cool."

"Damn right I am."

Lottie chuckled.

After that, they stayed in silence for a bit, before she broke it.

"Louis?"

"Yes?"

"I know you said you weren't bullied, but- umm, you would tell me, right? If you were?" The girl conceivably looked strangely distasteful as she fiddled with the edge of the cushion, gnawing on her bottom lips.

Louis' eyes softened and he placed his plate down on the meadow carpet, scooting closer to her and shaking his head peacefully with a gentle hesitant smile dawning on his lips. "I would never lie to you Lotts, I promise I'd tell you, alright?" Lottie nodded her head. "Besides, If that were the case, I could take care of myself, you know? I'm the one who should be asking you that." he laughed awkwardly but it looked like she didn't notice by the way she scoffed.