There was something about the dark that made me feel comfortable enough to say or do certain things that I would never do in daylight. It was the fact that no one would be able to see me even if they heard me. Hell, no one would even pay attention to me and that was my idea of a good time.

With the light though, my face would be very very visible. My eyes too. There would be no hiding it. No running away. Because for one, it wasn't my house, so where would I go? And second, Laura was my ride here and she was no doubt going to be having the time of her life. I couldn't make her leave.

As if she could read my thoughts, Laura tightened her hand around me, prompting me to look at her. "Relax."

She smiled. I smiled.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I was with Laura after all.

What could go wrong?

"A pool party?!" I screeched, turning wide, accusing eyes at Laura.

"Oh, shit." She cursed, her eyes locked on the scene in front of us.

We had finally reached the back of the house, only to see people from our set and a few other strange faces smiling around. That was a common innocent sight, right?

Nothing alarming about it whatsoever, except for the fact that they were all wearing swim suits. Another thing alarming about the scene was the amount of people in the pool, playing different games.

"A freaking pool party, Laura?" I caused for the first time out loud, in front of her.

"Oh my God, he must have stated that in the message and I didn't see it." Laura turned wide, apologetic eyes on me. "I'm so sorry, Eva."

"Jesus." I turned away from her, shoving my hand through my hair and almost scattering the bun that had taken her hours to perfect. Somehow, even in a situation like this, she reached up and swatted my hand away.

"Stop that. You're going to ruin it."

I cocked a brow at her. "Is that even important right now?"

"How we look is always important." She countered.

"I'm two seconds away from giving in to the urge to strangle you to death ri—"

"Hey, hey. Why the long faces?" A familiar voice asked from behind us and when I turned, I saw that it was Henri, standing there and looking very much edible in jean shorts and a grey T-shirt. I understood Laura's crush on him—even though she would never admit it.

"Hey, Henri." Laura waved, her eyes lighting up when she saw him. "So, funny story. Somehow, I must have missed the part where your text said it was a pool party and now, we're here without swim wears."

Henri's brows lifted. "Oh. Yeah, that sucks." His eyes landed on me and I did a one hand semi wave thing. I was not really in the best of moods. He grinned at me. "Do you girls wanna go through my closet? Pick out anything that you could maybe get into the water with?"

Laura's eyes widened. "Thats so kind of you, but I think I'm good to go." She faced me. "What do you think?"

I shook my head. "Don't worry about me. I'll just hang somewhere." I looked around, seeing a few people siting and texting on their phones, while some laid on their backs. "There are chairs, right? I'll just sit."

"Are you sure?" Henri pressed. "I don't mind. Really."

"It's okay. I'm good." I assured him.

He really was a nice guy. I hadn't noticed before today. Since he hung around Axel and, well, spoke to me like a jerk that night when I went into their hotel room to get my phone back, I'd automatically thought he was both a jerk and a player.