24- Love for Show

Start from the beginning

At the same time, I am happy because if not for this, I would've gotten into trouble.

Everyone had been staring at us even if we made it clear about the kiss being 'accidental'. Today we even met the whole cast members, including the second leads and sidekick characters, except the actors who have cameo and passerby roles.

I sat across from the director and producer sir with Ajay beside me. "Maya, as a debut actor we need to tell you about this. If there is anything you want to do with the script or your role, you can consult us without any fear. And also that the film shoot will begin in three weeks from now. So you have time to go through your roles and prepare yourself."

A while later, almost all left the studio but this wasn't it. As we came across the paparazzi, I gave a gentle smile with nervousness, still not used to this new kind of attention. Seeing them just reminds me of that news and how they made anything out of a small thing.

As I tried to put on a constant smile while thinking of getting out of this, I felt a hand from the back covering my right arm and the next second I turned to see Ajay standing on my left.

As I stared at him, he effortlessly gave a smile to the paparazzi, posing for the camera.

" Sir, look here... Ma'am, please here."

The shouts and screams caught my attention, as I turned toward the camera. Realizing that this was the cue, we stood closer to each other, posing and smiling.

As we were about to walk our way out, we heard the paparazzi asking, " Is it true that you both are dating?"

" I heard that rumour too. We are close friends but who knows, maybe?" He gave a naughty smirk to them, still holding my arm. It was weird how I felt something in my stomach as he said those words.

" So how is the shooting going on? Can we expect some news?"

" You can. But it is still a surprise. The film is going to go on the floor in a few weeks. That is all for now."

" So, Maya ma'am," one of them said, grabbing my attention, " How was your experience till now?"

I smiled, took a deep breath and replied, "Everyone supported me a lot and I will try to give my best. That is all I can say right now." Giving them a final glance, we walked away. He led me, still holding my arms.

He hugged me as soon as we came near his parked car. I was caught off guard by the sudden action. " Don't budge," he whispered into my ears when I was about to give him a tight slap on his cheek.

I clenched my fist and hardly attempted to hug him back. " Let me see you at home," I whispered back, gritting my teeth. I felt him tense up, soon pulling away from the hug. His eyes wavered as I gave him a wide smile to cover my anger. How dare he touch me like that, without my consent! You are so dead, Ajay!

I waved my hands at him before getting inside my booked cab. This time I had made my preparations early. Giving him a last look, I got inside.

★★★

" Why did you do that? Ajay Sharma, stop. I am asking you something." I was running after the guy who I would rather bury underground. I felt that there is room for a change and we can actually be in a better way, without showing violence to each other but now, I think we are back to square one. Hate.

I just hate this guy.

Once again, my DMs were filled with a hundred messages and calls from relatives and random people I am rarely aware of. Well, the news made headlines before as well but now they were confirmed about our relationship.