He saw the change on Mallika's face. Her face colour changed to red. She tried to keep a staright face but her eyes were fuming with anger. Sumedh even noticed her breathing rate increased.

Sumedh quickly says, "would you hurt them?"

Mallika couldn't keep her face straight, she glares at Sumedh. Whereas Sumedh is sitting as if everything is fine and he never noticed a change in Mallika.

He asked again, " would you let them hurt you?"

Sumedh keep noticing every change whenever he is asking a question. He knows what Mallika is up to. But this time he is not gonna move back. This may hurt her mentally but if she needs to get cure this questions should be asked.

He was waiting for Mallika to answer when suprising him Mallika nods a NO.

"So- what if they hurt you?"

Mallika says in a broken voice,

"I- I'll kill them"

Her voice was so soft that Sumedh has to hold his breath to hear her.

Sumedh saw Mallika clenching her fist.

Sumedh gulps before asking the question,

"H-how many were there?"

Sumedh felt like his heart stopped after asking this. This is the question which can take a turn to both good nd worse.
And it all depends on Mallika.

He tried to stay calm nd act like nothing is happening,

Mallika looked down and said,

"Probably 4 or 5? "

"Did you kill them?"

"They asked for it!"

"How?"

"Th- they tried t-to touch me badly"

Sumedh stops for a second. This is something he would have never know if he didn't heard it from Mallika. He felt bad for her.

Mallika says by herself,

"I-it still haunts me. I-feel dis-gusted. I j-just wanted to help. Help my people. Wa-was ie wro-ng?" Mallika stammers her eyes getting all teary.

Saying this much Mallika starts to pull her hair down. She starts to shout in pain. She repeats the same line, "my head is paining, head is paining"

Sumedh quickly moves to her and hugs her. Mallika burrows her face into his chest. Sumedh moves away her hands from her hair. When removed she quickly grabs Sumedh shirt nd cries loudly.

Sumedh hold her tightly. He was not letting her go even if someone tried to pull him apart. He keeps a hand on Mallika's head with affection nd stroke her back gently.

That day Mallika cried to sleep. Sumedh laid her on her bed. He wipes the tear with a wet tissue. He wipes her hands and feet nd put a thin blacket for the air to pass in her body.

He softly close the door and came out keeping the lights off.

He look at the clock. It was already 8pm. He need to hurry back home. A lot of other work is left.

He went down the stairs and saw Kartikey coming in. The younger greets him.

"Leaving?" Asked Kartikey.