Chapter 9

Rewritten

12/27/22

Yes, this was published at 12:40 AM

I slipped into my chair quietly at the last second—not before casting a genjutsu to. Make me less noticeable— so Bakugo couldn't explode in my face. Aizawa lazily entered.

"Starting tomorrow and for a week, you will have a substitute. No questions." He said, earning an audible click from the class as all mouths shut. I grinned.

At lunch. I once again sat near the cliff. This time, my feet dangled at the edge, as I threw my head back freely.

"Be careful, or you'll fall."

I froze at the voice, slowly turning to the direction of the voice. I smiled at the silver haired man. He smiled back, sitting down next to me and ruffling my hair. Tears he had been holding back poured out, soaking his mask. He hugged me tightly, and I could feel the happiness rolling off him in waves.

"I missed you. So, so much." He proceeded to tell me how Tsunade had blackmailed him into becoming hokage (something about the privileges from being friends with his dad, Sakumo) and how he convinced them to carve his face in the mountainside with the mask on. He told me how the first thing he did as Hokage was carve Itachi's name right below mine on the KIA stone, and then how he ousted the two remaining elders from their positions and how his students grew up and had families of their own, and how he shoved the hat to Naruto as soon as everything was stable. He told me about babysitting Sarada and how awesome he was of a godfather to her because he made time for her even during hokage duties (ehm, shoving it all to Shikamaru) and even let her see under his mask. He told me about Shikamaru's constant complaints and how peaceful the world was. He told me about Boruto and the new team seven, and he told me about how Naruto and Sasuke were still curious how he looked under his mask, though Sakura had already seen it, due to her being the head of the Konoha Hospital.

Lunch was too short and I had to get to class, but I made Uncle Kakashi promise to tell me more.

The smile on my face didn't wear off, and for once, I wasn't plagued by nightmares.

—x—

I woke up before sunrise, like always. My jog lasted longer, and I trained for more than usual, yet I still had a full half hour before I had to be in class, so I drew. I laid against a tree and drew. Half an hour later, I quietly slipped into my seat, watching as my classmates complained about the substitute teacher not being there. I flicked a kunai at the ceiling, making sure it hit the ceiling with a thud, before the board came loose and Uncle Kakashi flipped down.

"Well..." He said scratching the back of his head. "My first impression is you guys... are idiots and weak. Meet me at gym 1 in three minutes." He poofed away, leaving the class speechless.

I changed in the bathroom, before shunshining to the gym.

—x—

Kakashi cleared his throat to get the class's attention.

"My name is Hatake Kakashi. I will be your substitute for a week. During this time period, you will be opted out from all other classes. Of course, you will still learn the same things, just... a different method. Now, since I don't know anyone here, why don't we all introduce ourselves? I'll go first. My name is Hatake Kakashi. I have likes and dislikes. I don't feel like telling you my hobbies, and as for future dreams... I've never really thought about it. Okay, next!"

The class sweatdropped.

'We didn't learn anything...'

Kakashi pointed to Akira.

"Well... my name is Hatake Akira. I like... never mind. I don't particularly like anything, but I hate a lot of things. Hobbies aren't your business, and I don't have dreams. I have nightmares." Akira said, smirking.

The class blinked.

'We didn't learn much from her either... wait...'

"Ano, Hatake sensei? Are you and Akira-San related?" Midoriya asked.

"Yeah. Aki-chan is my niece." Kakashi answered, while Akira just nodded.

The class 'oh'ed, before moving on