1. We'll be Friends

That person was real.

The weird attendant who told him the truth and trust himself was real in another place.

He thought it was impossible to control another body by taking their consciousness, but it happened to that new attendant.

Alberu woke up only to find out that the new attendant became really clueless and didn't know anything about him managing the basic necessities of his palace.

His Majesty did a bit of explanation about why he imprisoned that attendant and planned to kill him because Alberu got involved. Knowing Alberu's wariness and his smart brain, his father decided to tell him about his attendant actually occupied by another person and that person's goal was him.

"He told you things that you must not know before the time. He's a dangerous person."

King Zed left after telling him that and Alberu decided to keep that unfortunate, clueless attendant in case that person's consciousness came again.

Alberu didn't care if it's dangerous. He just wanted to see that person again. Although his palace stayed the same, he gained confidence due to that stranger and he was able to deal with his own insecurity much better.

Furthermore, after that incident, Alberu Crossman as a crown prince was given more authority to choose his own people to serve him more freely. The King also handed over several mid-range important internal affairs within the Roan Kingdom after that event.

The people in the palace saw this as a prove that King started to favor him again. However, Alberu knew much better. It was his Royal Father's way to make him close his mouth. The secrecy of the second-level basement of the library held answers for him and he's not allowed to know it for now.

It's similar to the down payment King Zed gave to Alberu as a promise that he'll tell Alberu in the future.

It's okay.

At least he knew he was not a threat nor a hindrance. 

That's more than enough to give him more energy to work harder to pursue his goal as a King.

Still, Alberu recalled the way that stranger talk to him. 

Its tone was high when he acted as an attendant in front of other workers, but low and softer when they talked alone. 

The way he said 'Your Royal Highness' was genuine and he's very good at whatever he's doing. Unfortunately, that person never came again. Three months passed and Alberu decided to fire that attendant because he's really useless. 

Since then, Alberu started having dreams where he heard someone talking with the same tone as that stranger. 

It started with only voices. Then it got more vivid as he dreamt more every day. It was blurred, then had a white surrounding.

From white to a proper place. Then, from only the calm voices, he saw two figures. One was his own face which was much mature and the other was wearing a commander uniform and had red hair.

Alberu Crossman sorted his mind every morning after having several dreams with the same person. He, a crown prince was interacting with this peculiar red-haired person. One day he dreamt about them talking about war. Another day was an eventful day when this red-haired person rudely came to his bedroom through the terrace and he did the same thing to this person.

He saw himself already an adult when they were spending time together like a real brother. This red-haired person saw him in his Dark Elf form without any judgment just like the attendant he met in a very short time. That stranger recognized the dead mana and was not terrified.