Welcome To The Family

Beginne am Anfang

You had the ability to control fire, but not in the cool way you would think. You couldn't throw fireballs or even start a fire, not easily. It was like little sparks that would shoot out of your hands, you named it Spark dust, knowing that Pixie Dust would've humiliated you some more. It was golden glitter that shimmered and smelled faintly of roses, you make things move with the sparks, they can travel through the air and hover over an object to move it around. If it comes into actual contact with an object or person, it will leave tiny scars that will look like day old glitter that you can't get off. If you can create enough you could create fire, but you always objected to knowing if your powers were stronger than this. You had always had a problem using your powers, Reginald said it was because you were a rather grumpy baby and child. The only time you could really use your power was when you were in a good mood, if you were scared or angry, nothing would happen. That's why you usually sat in the library, you were the recluse of the family. Reginald still forced you to train but you never went out on the field, you had tried before and you had only become an issue. An obstacle in their work, as Marcus and Ben never forgot to remind you that you needed to stay out of everyone else's way.

One of the biggest downsides of being in this family was not being able to be like the rest of them. Though you thanked god you didn't have to go out and fight crime, you wished you would've been granted some type of freedom. But the boys always said that you were unusual, you were thirty years old and were the size of a petite sixteen year old girl. Marcus never forgot to taunt you that you would never be able to find love this way, that the public would come after you because you were a Hargreeves. Your two brother's never forgot to remind you how different you were from the rest of them.

The thought made your blood boil as you stared up at your sister, gritting your teeth and said, "Let me be."

"Fine! God...you're such a bore, Y/n/n." Jayme said, slapping at your shoulder before walking out. "Oh and I made sure half was breakfast pizza."

"Thank you." You mumbled, before sitting back down to read your book.

Jayme had always looked out for you though she would never openly admit she cared for you, you by definition the little sister, and she always protected you. The only reason why you weren't close was because she didn't share one thing in common with you. You never forgot to openly express your feelings, whether it was anger or sadness, happiness or amusement. The way she expressed herself was closer to how Alphanso expressed himself, petty remarks and quick wit. The two had always been attached to the hip, best friends. You were far closer with Sloane, she was very girly, very caring and loving, she was the one to always hug you behind a closed door. Make sure you were doing alright when one of the boys or Fei said something mean to you. You knew that Fei hated you, she didn't ever let you forget how much waste of space you were. Though Marcus and Ben were not kind to you, they never said you didn't belong, maybe a comment about being different. Fei had made it very clear from a young age that she hated you. You wished that you could be closer with Christopher but he was as snobby as the first three of your siblings.

Jayme left with a side glance as you curled up back into a ball, opening up the book titled, Delta Of Venus, and continuing to read. Twenty minutes may have passed when a siren started to go off, an awful "Beep Beep'' echoing through the halls. You ignored it as you always did, it had nothing to do with you. But you had also wondered if Jayme had come back with that pizza, so you clutched the book to your chest before making your way downstairs and into the kitchen. You hummed as you sat down, opening the pizza box, completely prepared to eat the whole thing by yourself. But then you are startled by a loud voice, "And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" That was not one of your siblings, you remarked before stuffing the piece into your mouth. Since when have there ever been intruders? You peaked over into the living room, as your father stood up.