Transgender Child - (Niam as parents)

(this is very late but this story has been in my plans since June 1st and just remembered it. Hope you enjoy. This was a very close to home topic due to my friends coming out as trans so I hope this is a good story.)

3rd Person PoV:

"Babe. Elizabeth's school called."

"Huh?" Liam said.

"Lizzy wants to come home and so I need to get her."

"Okay have fun." Niall eye rolled. Once he came back with their daughter, they sat together to talk.

"What's wrong darling you can tell us anything." Liam said. She just stared at the ground.

"Liz?" Niall asked. She just began to cry. Niall and Liam immediately frowned and hugged her.

"I-I'm sorry." She whispered.

"What's wrong darling?" Liam said.

"I-I'm not a g-girl.." She began. The room was quiet.

"I don't want to be a girl. I want to be a boy."

"Okay.." Liam said.

"Is there a name and pronouns we can use for you?" Niall said with a supportive smile.

"Leo and he/him pronouns please." Leo said.

"Okay, Leo. It suits you." Niall smiled.

"I want to cut my hair too. If it's okay."

"Of course. Whatever makes you feel comfortable."

"Really?"

"Of course. And we'll go clothes shopping and-"

"Baby, calm down." Liam chuckled.

"Sorry." Niall mumbled.

"I'm glad you guys are really supportive. It means a lot."

"Of course we'd be supportive. How couldn't we."

"We're too bloody gay to be unsupportive is all I'm saying." Niall said and went to the kitchen to grab some food.

"Ooh I want some strawberries mum!" Leo called.

"Okay, Liam what do you want!"

"Anything!" Niall came back and handed Leo a small bowl of strawberries, handed Liam a small bowl of fruit and had a small bowl of fruit too.

"So. How about we go for a hair cut tomorrow. And we can see if you can sort your hormone things if you wanted?" Leo beamed and hugged his parents.

"Thank you."

"Why are you saying thank you? We're doing the bare minimum of accepting you, love. We're so proud of you."

"Thank you." Leo smiled. His parents returned the smile and they shared a hug.

"I definitely want to get my hair cut." Leo said.

"We'll take you clothes shopping tomorrow as well."

"Thank you."