The airbender bows gratefully. He crouches back down to Princess Hera's level and smiles warmly at her. "I shall see you very soon, Princess."

The girl giggles and hugs the man. "Bye-bye, Mister Gyatso."

~~~~~

"Stupid freezing temperatures. Stupid storm." A boy with short black hair complains to himself as he rolls onto his stomach. He instantly shivers from the flash of cold that floods through his body, finding the snow on his face to be a leading contributor.

He watches as his friend lifts himself over the top of an ice wall and lands on the head of a giant animal. "Appa! Are you alright?"

The teen grumbles and stands up, rubbing his back. "Oh, sure. Worry about the sleeping ten-ton bison instead of your friend. Thanks, Aang."

The younger slides off the fuzzy head and turns to his friend. He offers the older a sheepish smile. "Sorry, but you know I love you and Appa both."

The teen stands to his full height, towering over the child in front of him. If he didn't know any better, Aang would be intimidated.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too. So, what the heck happened?"

Aang shrugs as he tries to lift the bison's head. "I dunno. The last thing I remember was the storm."

The elder nods, already lost in thought. He glances up to find two Water Tribe teens making their way around the wall of ice. He smirks as their jaws drop.

Then, he is caught off guard as he and his friend are picked up by a massive tongue.

"Appa!" The younger giggles. "You're okay!"

The pair slide to the ground before hugging the big bison.

"What is that thing?"

Already, the eldest of the two newcomers isn't sure he likes this boy much. He has no reason to be so upset. It's not like we ate all their food. Despite this, he can't help but admit that the Water Tribe boy was cute. In some odd way.

"This is Appa, my flying bison!" Aang smiles proudly as the older boy glares at the teens in front of them.

"Right. And this is Katara, my flying sister."

The eldest isn't impressed, and his face reflects as much.

The male Water Tribe teen turns his gaze to the older of the two foreigners and finds a chill running down his spine. Scary.

From behind, Appa begins to growl. Instinctively, the two people dressed in yellow duck below the bison.

As he stands, the elder of the two can't help but chuckle lowly. The spear boy stands stock still, covered in snot.

His laughter becomes louder as the other teenager begins to screech and rub his face on the snow in an attempt to rid himself of the green goo.

"Don't worry, it'll wash out," Aang assures.

The elder boy clutches his sides as he wheezes. Aang smiles fondly. It's been a while since I've seen him smile this much. Maybe these new people are just what he needed!

"So. Do you guys live around here?"

The eldest of the group tenses as a spear is pointed at his friend.

"Don't answer that! Did you see that crazy bolt of light? They were probably trying to signal the Fire Navy!"

The taller boy feels his heart stop at the mention of the nation. The Fire Nation has invaded the South Pole? He watches as the girl named Katara paces to stand in front of the boy.