{12} ~Confession~

He knocked on my door again. Damn he's persistent.

"What?" I opened the door again.

"Look Saori. I know you and Imai don't get along well but please don't harass her."

"I admit I did harass her. But she said some things that I could not let slide." I defended myself.

"Even so you know you can't just use your cursed energy so casually as you please." he added.

"Suguru. I've been invisible my whole life. Even the things I saw were invisible. But now I'm finally in a place where I don't feel invisible. I feel normal. I feel loved. So I shouldn't have to restrain myself because of your girlfriend!" I pointed at him and poked his chest with my finger.

"Saori you know that's not what I meant. I meant harm her. Why would you even try to harm her? Isn't it our duty to protect people weaker than us?"

I sighed.

"She said that Shoko looked high all the time and that Satoru probably slept with countless of women including me. All of this is untrue! She can't just waltz in here and tell us off!" I yelled.

"Did she really say that?" he asked. I nodded. It was his turn to sigh and look down.

"Now if we're done here I'm gonna go accept a mission that headquarters offered our district today." I pushed past him and locked my door.

"Is it a solo mission?"

"Yes."

"Don't take it." he said.

"What?" I turned around to look at him.

"Saori don't accept the mission. I think I know what it is. It's a dangerous mission. Just let Satoru or our senpais handle it." he replied.

"Am I so weak that you think I can't handle myself?" I scoffed in disbelief. I turned back around.

"Please don't." he was hugging me from behind now.

"Suguru what are you-"

"I'm sorry. I'll break up with Imai. Just don't accept that mission. I read the details already. I was gonna accept it if Satoru said no. But its a one man mission since they need a very powerful veil to secure this curse. Its a special grade curse that's nearly perfected a domain expansion. To top it off it has one of Sukuna's fingers. So please don't go." he explained.

"Suguru let go. I won't accept it." I replied.

"I don't want to."

"Huh? What are-"

He squeezed me tighter.

"I feel like if I let you go now I might lose you. As a jujutsu sorcerer it's only natural to lose comrades. I didn't want to get too close to you guys but I couldn't help it. You always seemed so cheerful and happy around the others that I couldn't help but to join. Yet I always worried what would happen to all of us. If I'm not strong enough I won't be able to secure our future. This happiness we have as friends. I didn't want to get attached especially to you. I thought that if I dated someone who wasn't a sorcerer it'd give me some sense of relief. Knowing that no harm would come to them and that I could protect them. I guess dating Imai gave me some sense of security to make me feel strong. Because how can I feel strong when you guys are constantly throwing yourselves into danger with the bravest face? But I was selfish to get Imai involved with us. And I was selfish to push you guys away. I'm sorry Saori. I never meant any harm. I just felt like I couldn't be with you and that frustrated me. But seeing you so upset now made me realize that I should just stop. My relationship with Imai is tearing us apart and that hurts." he confessed.

"Suguru you really are such an idiot." I remarked.

"I know." he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"You know I've always liked you. It's unfair for you to just tell me all this now." I pouted.

"I know. I told you I'm selfish. I can't stand it when I see that Aoki guy. So I want to make it up to you. However you'd like." he kissed my neck softly.

I turned around and pulled his shirt down to kiss him. His warm lips on mine felt amazing. It was passionate and breathtaking.

"Take me out to dinner later." I demanded.

"Yes ma'am." he smirked.

I decided to go train. Suguru went over to meet Imai at a cafe to break up with her. Shoko joined me on the training field.

"What happened with you and Suguru? I heard some shouting." she smoked.

"It's weird. He came to scold me for hurting Imai but then realized that she was in the wrong. Then he stopped me from accepting that mission and basically confessed his feelings for me." I laughed.

"Wow. He really is something. Did you return his feelings?" she asked.

"Yeah. He's breaking up with Imai right now."

Shoko chuckled and threw her cigarette away.

"Let's spar. I haven't in a while." she said and got up. I smiled and we began to fight.

Satoru had taken the solo mission, which worried me. Suguru came back and trained with us. In the evening Suguru and I got dressed for our date. I also ended things with Aoki.

Suguru took me to a shabu shabu restaurant.

"How'd it go with Imai?" I asked.

"She was really upset but I can't blame her. I never thought she'd say those things." he replied.

"Yeah... Did you really like her?" I inquired.

"I thought of her as a suitable partner at the time. She had a part time job, she did well in school, she pursued her hobbies. But I guess I can't say that I didn't like her."

I played with my food in the pot for a bit not saying anything.

"You know I don't like her anymore. I guess I blinded myself into liking her. Like I said she gave me a sense of security not being a jujutsu sorcerer." he added.

I simply nodded and took the cooked meat out of the pot and dipped it into my ponzu sauce.

"I love you Saori. I just didn't want to hurt you." he said.