第43章 - Anomaly

Start from the beginning

"You should do as he suggests. Too much candy is bad for you" Nanami wholeheartedly supported Yuta's decision. He'd gradually warmed up to the idea of Hiyori having a boyfriend over time. The boy was good for Hiyori - just the type of calming force she needed in her life. Nanami trusted Yuta would take good care of Hiyori and keep her safe should anything happen to him or any other members of their small, dysfunctional, strange little family though, Nanami wasn't sure how anything could possibly happen to Satoru.

"But a little bit is okay" Hiyori responded cheekily with a wink. Nanami shook his head in mild bemusement.

"As long as it's in moderat—"

"Gojo-senpai! Oh! Nanamin is here too!" Yuji shouted excitedly as he skidded to a stop at the doorway. Hiyori's reading glasses fell slightly from the bridge of her nose as turned to face Yuji who was enthusiastically hopping up and down.

"Hello Itadori-kun" Nanami replied curtly before flipping to another page in his newspaper.

"Yuji-kun!" Hiyori shouted, mirroring her kouhai's enthusiasm. She handed her book to Tsuki for safekeeping and focused her attention on the pink-haired boy. Yuji smiled and rushed into the room with a bounce in his steps. Tsuki placed Hiyori's book on the small cat bed Hiyori bought her before resting atop the book — the perfect way to hide something containing knowledge that could spell the end of the jujutsu world. Tsuki purred in delight while kneading the fuzzy fabric of her bed.

'Ahhh this is nice~ if only it was quieter' Ever since that day in the garden, Yuji always came around to find Hiyori whenever he wasn't busy. Maybe it was the kid's lack of socializing with people around his age or just his energetic, extroverted attitude. Whatever it was, it didn't really matter. All Tsuki knew was that she was not going to get used to the pink-haired boy's chaotic energy anytime soon, which was saying something since she managed to get used to Gojo Satoru who was the biggest menace in the world. 'Not like he can call himself the strongest sorcerer in the world anymore anyway...'

"Senpai, you wear glasses?" Yuji asked in surprise while plopping down on the green armchair across from Hiyori. This was the first time he'd ever seen her wear glasses. Would it be rude if he said that he was surprised someone so incredibly strong would have something as normal as a vision problem? It made her seem less like an untouchable sorcerer capable of destroying the world and more like a regular high school student...a human.

"Ah...these are reading glasses. They're a gift from someone who means a lot to me. He's a bit of a worrywart" Hiyori explained as she took them off and put them away for safe-keeping.

"Hiyori, I uh–I got these for you. I read some articles online about how reading glasses can help with eye strain. This way your eyes won't feel uncomfortable when you're reading. Do you like them? I can return them and get another pair if you don't–" Yuta began to ramble off, shooting his own self-esteem down to the dumps before he got cut off by her lips on his.

"Thank you, Yuu. I like them a lot" She murmured softly with a sweet smile before looping her arms around his neck. Yuta's breath hitched slightly, his cheeks dusted a pretty shade of pink. The glasses were set aside as she pulled him in for another kiss to show him exactly how thankful she was.

"Reading glasses?" Yuji inquired. 'I wonder who this someone is...senpai seems to care a lot about him. Maybe it's her boyfriend? Ehhh nah no way. With a dad like Gojo-sensei? Anyone who'd want to date her would be dead before the end of the first date.'

"My eyes strain easily from overuse of my ocular jujutsu" She elaborated. The various bottles of eye drops she had whether, in her pocket, her drawers, her bags, and the bottle Yuta always carried around with him were proof of her eye strain. She'd been overusing her technique more and more ever since the incident, to the point where she was so used to using her technique that sometimes she forgot she was even using it.