第44章 - She's Back

A/N:  Megumi and Hiyori content coming soon since I wasn't able to give more details about their relationship during the JJK 0 timeline due to it mainly being focused on Hiyori's bonds with her classmates (mainly Yuta) and adopted family. Megumi's got a soft spot for her if that wasn't obviously already and she cares a lot about him. I've actually been looking forward to writing their interactions the most (sorry Yuta).

This JJK Timeline Geto will have quotations around 「」his name like 「Geto Suguru」

Hanito: Also known as brick toast is a Japanese dessert in which a loaf of bread is carefully hollowed out and then cubed. It's filled with fruit, ice cream, and other treats then drizzled with honey.

Megumi gritted his teeth in pain and held the area on his abdomen where a cursed flower was currently blooming

Megumi gritted his teeth in pain and held the area on his abdomen where a cursed flower was currently blooming. It was growing by the second and the last thing he wanted to do right now was fall unconscious. His eyes glanced over at Maki who was in a worse state than him. Luckily she managed to block her heart with her arm earlier when the cursed spirit attacked her but she was still losing blood.

Todo and Yuji were currently trading punches with the special-grade cursed spirit that had somehow managed to break into the school. Megumi knew he was useless staying here and, if anything, he could be a liability but he couldn't bring himself to leave. Not when Yuji was suddenly dodging attacks and trading blows with a special-grade cursed spirit – something that the pink-haired boy couldn't do the last time Megumi saw him. Megumi didn't understand how Yuji had managed to progress so rapidly.

"Come on, let's get out of here" Panda said, reaching to grab both Maki and Megumi to make a quick exit. They had already spent a lot longer than necessary staying here watching.

"How is it that you are able to go against me?" Hanami asked, dodging a punch from Yuji only to get hit by Todo. Yuji ducked to avoid an attack before Todo clapped his hands and their positions were swapped.

"I have good teachers" Yuji responded, letting Todo swap their positions again. He was getting the hang of Todo's technique after the first couple of times. Although, it did require a lot of quick thinking. He thought back to Hiyori, Satoru, Nanami, and even Todo. He hadn't realized how much he had learned from them during his time in hiding until this very moment.

"Brother!" Todo shouted proudly as Yuji landed another hit on Hanami. As much as it seemed like they holding their own against the special grade cursed spirit, in reality, it felt more like stalling. This thing was built like a tank and even after all these hits, it looked fine.

The cursed spirit immediately raised its arm to block the punch. At the very last moment, before Yuji's fist could land, Todo clapped his hands and the two of them switched positions.

"Yuji-kun, have you ever heard of the term Black Flash?" Yuji looked up from the Rubik's Cube that Hiyori had given him to distract himself with. He couldn't figure out how to get this one blue square to where it belonged no matter how hard he tried. He didn't know how Hiyori managed to solve these things so fast.