第10章 - 29th Kyoto Exchange Event II

A/N: Chanko Nabe is a type of hot pot filled with all kinds of vegetables and tons of protein in a rich dashi and chicken broth. It's a hearty meal that many sumo wrestlers use as part of a weight-gain diet due to how nutritious/protein-rich it is.

Yuta walked quietly behind his two senpais

Yuta walked quietly behind his two senpais. He didn't really know where they were going but he assumed it was to meet the Kyoto students. From what he had heard from Panda and the others, Hakari was really strong while, as Tsuki phrased it, Kirara's cursed technique was "really fucking complicated at first glance". He had opened his mouth multiple times to speak and attempt to make conversation with them but his timidity would always get the better of him so he'd end up closing his mouth and staying silent

He wasn't good at talking to people, to begin with, cause no one ever really spoke to him so he didn't know how to go about holding conversations with others. His timid nature caused by his lack of self-esteem didn't help much either. He usually counted on others initiating the conversation first unless he was talking to Hiyori.

When he spoke to Hiyori, he always ended up rambling on about whatever was on his mind and she would listen or sometimes even add on. That was why he liked talking to her. Being around her made him talk so much that he just couldn't shut up sometimes. It didn't help that her natural charisma would help push the conversation from one topic to another until a conversation meant to last a few minutes spanned into a few hours instead. Even when he was nervous to broach a subject, she always knew and made him comfortable enough to talk about it.

Talking to Hiyori was relaxing and easy but talking to anyone else was really hard, especially strangers.

Speaking of Hiyori, he wondered when she would return from her talk with Satoru. She didn't look that happy about it when Kirara and Hakari told her that their sensei wanted to talk about lizards. He wasn't sure why the topic of lizards would stir such a reaction out of her. He hoped she was alright, especially with how fast her smile dropped.

"So are you dating Yori-chan?" Kirara asked causing Yuta to snap out of his thoughts and turned to the dark-haired upperclassman who was clinging onto Hakari's arm. He blushed.

'D-dating Hiyori...? Do they think we're d-dating?'

"E-Eh?" Yuta sputtered in surprise at the sudden question.

"Huh, guess not." Kirara said.

"C'mon, knowing Gojo-san, Tsukuyo's probably not the type to settle down either. People like them are too busy maintaining the balance of this world to do something like date" Hakari said. Kirara pouted.

"Yori-chan would make a cute bride though" Kirara commented. Yuta blushed at the thought of Hiyori in a wedding dress. He couldn't help but agree with his senpai's comment not that he would ever admit it out loud though. His thoughts about Hiyori were interrupted by someone's voice.

"Well if it isn't the Tokyo students. Ready to get crushed like you were last year?" Yuta turned to see a girl that he thought resembled Maki standing a few feet away from them. In fact, they looked extremely similar except for their hairstyle and uniform. Yuta wondered if they were related by any chance. Maki never really spoke about her family so he wasn't sure if she had any siblings. A large guy with his hair tied in a top ponytail stood next to her. He had a large scar over one eye. If Yuta was being honest, the guy kind of scared him a little bit.