Admission Of Guilt

Blurred visions. Roland's worried stricken face as he looked down. Water trickling down from his hair. "Carmine... " Her name only catching  as he talked. The Darkened world shaking with a familiar motion.

A cold wet cloth hitting her skin as her reached for the arm. "Just relax." His voice calling out again. The sound again like poison. Carmine's voice caught in her throat. Only coming out as a sigh and gasps. 

Light crackled in the fireplace, the warmth alone was heaven sent as she shivered. The room was filled with fur rugs, Dark red drapes and stone walls. The rustic feeling odd as she looked around. Feeling wide awake but weighted down to the plush bed. Her arms like weights as she pulled the cool cloth from her face and pushed herself up carefully. The expected pain nonexistent as she shifted. 

Glancing at the door as it opened quietly, Carmine was meet with a young women with raven colored hair. Her bright amber eyes met Carmine's with shock. " Oh! your highness. I didn't expect you to wake up for another day." She said and set down the tray of herbs and weird candies.

"Who-" Carmine winced grabbing her throat as the burn set in. 

The young women smiled. "My name is Princess Aura... Emperor Roland's younger sister. We are at my palace in Cydnia." She said and started mixing some herbs together. 

Carmine frowned slightly and tilted her head down. Aura smiled softly. "He rushed here with you... I have healed your wounds but I'm fighting off the poison left in your system. Raves are deadly creatures of that hateful witch. Your lucky my queen." she said and handed her a small cup. "Drink this, it should heal that throat and fever soon." 

Carmine looked the are pasty green liquid and grimaced as she quick swallowed it. The chucky mixture coating her  throat with a slimy film "I know.... terrible but that why I brought candies and water." She said holding one out for her.

Carmine took it and popped it in her mouth. A sweet honey flavor followed by strawberries covered her throat making the burn die down. "Roland has family?" Carmine asked and bit her lips cautiously.

"Oh yes. Most are out running the kingdoms he took over. Almost of of the family he has left are just cousins but I'm his only sibling. Has he not told you yet?" 

Carmine shook her head and sat back tiredly. "No, we don't get along all the time... he's ... difficult to read."

Aura smiled and shook her head. "Yes... but he's caring when it matters. Even under that asshole nature he still can have a soft side....Sometimes..." She said and stood up to leave. " I'll go let him know you are awake after I bring you clothes for your travels."

Aura left and Carmine sighed heavily. Feeling shaken by the faint memories. She slowly moved to stand up and pulled aside the blankets looking over her perfectly healed legs. Shaking her head in disbelief she slowly stood up and winced at the shall pain as it faded quickly. 

Carmine stood in the mirror and looked over her body. Most of the scars had been healed and the evidence of her brothers ruthless rein over her had been washed away. Tears trickled down her face as she smiled faintly. The feeling of relief washed over her and she held her head a little higher.

The door opened and startled her as Roland walked in with Aura holding him back. "Roland you'll scare her!"

"Fuck that...." Roland practically yelled before his words fading into more of a whisper as he looked Carmine over slowly. "Perfection..." He mumbled as Aura pushed him out with a annoyed groan. "Out while she changes!"

Roland watched till the very last second. Aura looked apologetically at her and frowned. "I'm so sorry. He saw me caring a dress and just ran a head." She said and Carmine sighed and shrugged "Well I am his wife..." She said defeatedly and looked away covering her body.