Chpt 12: The Demogorgon

Start from the beginning

"You still want to try it out?" i asked. "I want to finish what we started. I want to kill it" Nancy said coldly. I sat up and grabbed her hand. "Then let's kill it."

Nancy grabbed Johnathan and i told the kids that i was just outside. I knew that if we told them what we were doing they'd freak out.

Johnathan drove us to the police station to grab all of the supplies we had bought at the hunting store this morning. It was easy to sneak past the cop who works nights.

I've met him a few times and i'm pretty sure he's cheating on his wife... But that's a whole different story. 

We grabbed all the supplies and we also grabbed a fire extinguisher just incase. We decided to do the plan at Joyce's house. We set up bear traps, put a trail of gasoline down and Nancy loaded the guns.

I tried to make my own weapon but it didn't work out too well. I just nailed a bunch of nails into a bat and hoped for the best.

Once everything was set up, the last stage of the plan was in commence. The part of the plan i had been dreading.

"Okay but hear me out, how about two of you cut your hand to attract the demodragon and i don't!" i said with a smile. Johnathan gave me an annoyed glare.

"We all have to do it. And it's not a demodragon, it's a demogorgan" Nancy snapped. "Jesus, alright!" i said as i put my hands up in surrender.

"Remember, the lights will flicker, bring it into Wills room, wait for the yo-yo to move and then i'll throw the lighter down" Johnathan said. "Ready? Nancy asked. "No" i replied. "On three... one, two... Three."

It honestly hurt like hell but i didn't want Nancy and Johnathan to see me weak. They were both sitting on the couch bandaging up each others hands while i tried to do my own.

As i was trying to tie up my bandage, i felt a small tear run down my cheek. I don't know if it was a tear from the pain in my hand, the worry for my dad, everything resurfacing about Liz or everything that happened with Steve.

I wiped it quickly before Johnathan or Nancy saw. I looked to if they had seen the tear fall, but when i saw them they were both holding each other's hands and chuckling lightly. 

I smiled at the sight of them. They were pretty decent people i guess. Maybe i liked them a small bit. But i'd never tell them that.

Suddenly, we all jumped as we heard someone banging on the door. "Johnathan! Are you there man! It's Steve! Listen i just want to talk" Steve exclaimed.

They both looked at me as they remembered what had happened earlier that day. I took a deep breath as i stood up and answered the door.

I swung the door open and Steve's face dropped as he saw me. "Steve listen to me" i began. "Joy? What are you-" Steve said. "You need to leave."

"Look i'm not trying to start anything, okay?" "I don't care about that. You need to leave" i said sternly.

"No, no, no. Listen i messed up, okay! Please. I just want to make things right. I went to your house first but no one was there. I want to talk to you about everything and say sorry. Okay? Please."

I tried to speak but nothing came out of my mouth. Steve's eyes slowly fell to my bandaged up hand. "Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood?" he asked.

"Oh yea it was... it was nothing. I mean... It was an accident" i said. "What's going on?" "Nothing!"

Steve looked at me with confusion. "Wait did Johnathan do this? Is that why your here? Let me in" he said barging through the door. "No! Steve!" i exclaimed but he didn't listen.

When he came inside, he looked around the house with horror on his face. There was weapons, the wall was covered in multicoloured lights hanging off of it and the whole place was a mess.

"Whats... Whats going on?" he mumbled. "Nancy, what are you doing here?" "You need to get out of here" Johnathan said grabbing Steve by the collar. "What is all of this! Is that gasoline?" Steve questioned.

Everyone froze as we heard a gun click. "Steve, get out!" I turned around to see Nancy pointing a gun at Steve.

"Wait, wait... What?! What is going on!" Steve exclaimed. "Nancy?!" i mumbled under my breath. "You have five seconds to get out of here. I am doing this for you!" she said.

"Okay, this is a joke! Stop, put the gun down!" Steve exclaimed. Nancy began to count down from three. I was so absorbed with all the chaos, it took me a few seconds to realise the lights were flickering.

"Hey guys" i said looking at the lights. Steve was still screaming at Nancy to stop while Johnathan was trying to push him out. "Guys! The lights" i shouted.

They all stopped. "It's here" Johnathan said grabbing the baseball bat full of nails. I grabbed a metal pipe as Steve shouted in my face. "Will someone explain to me what the hell is going on!" he shouted.

He finally shut up as the roof began to crumble. The roar of the demogorgan echoed the house. Nancy tried to shoot at it but it was of no use. "Go, go, go run!" Johnathan exclaimed grabbing Nancy.

We all ran into Wills room for safety. "Jesus! What the hell was that!" Steve shouted. "Shut up!" we all shouted back.

We all stared at the door as the creatures growls came closer and closer to the door. The lights were flickering even more now and we were just waiting for the door to fly open.

But then, everything just stopped. "Do you hear anything?" i whispered. "No" Johnathan replied. We slowly crept out of the room to see nothing. The demogorgan had disappeared.

"Shit!" i exclaimed. I turned to see Steve muttering to himself as he paced up and down the room. "This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy, THIS IS CRAZY!" he shouted.

He ran and grabbed the phone as he began to call 911. I grabbed the phone off of him and stomped on it with full force. "What are you doing! Are you insane!?" he questioned.

"It's going to come back! So you need to leave. Right now" i snapped. Steve looked at me in terror and shock as he ran out of the house.

Not long after Steve ran out, the lights began to flicker again. Three of us huddled up with our backs to each other, looking around for the creature.

"Where is it!" Nancy exclaimed. "It's here! It has to be" Johnathan said. We kept circling until the lights went out. I heard a low growling as i turned around.

Johnathan tried to hit the demogorgon but he missed. "Johnathan!" Nancy exclaimed. He tried to run but the monster had already pinned him to the floor.

"Go to hell you son of a bitch!" i  yelled as i put the metal pole through the creatures shoulder. It shrieked in pain but began to turn around.

My heart dropped slightly as it growled in my direction. I saw the creature grab the pole and pull it out of him as it let out a small grunt. My heart began to beast faster and faster as i backed up.

"Shit..."