"Oh, we can wait for that so that father can join me later," he replied and Aine scoffed at him. She couldn't believe her ears. 

"Dad won't do that!" she exclaimed, trying to defend Elliot.

Aion hums, clicking his tongue before another grin crept onto his pretty face. "We shall see, Lianna."

"We shall see, Aion!" Aine bets, mirroring his grin.

~~~

Elliot sat with his arms crossed, his eyes narrowed at his daughter who sat opposite him. She looks down at the bracelet that she was playing with and swallowed a nervous gulp. Aion was crossing his legs, giving Aine a side glance, his lips twitching as he tries to hide a smirk. There was a long stillness in the air before the Estoileon head finally spoke, "So..." he began.

"Who did you say was joining us tomorrow?" he questions.

"Dra—  Malf— Draco Malfoy?" Aine replied, she wasn't sure why she was stuttering over the choice of the name she was using. She knew that her father was aware of her feelings for the Malfoy boy even though he didn't say anything. But coming out and telling him that she was dating the Slytherin chap was much harder than she had pictured. It was still embarrassing to announce that she had found someone she had held great affection for.

"Your... Boyfriend..?" her father awkwardly added on and Aine nodded with a pursed lip. God that sounded so awkward, Elliot spoke to himself in his thoughts.

"Yeah..." 

Aine peeks at her father, brows furrowed as he closes his eyes, deep in thought. She mentally cursed and started to think of the worst-case scenarios. What if dad didn't approve of him? Was bringing Draco home to introduce him to her father too quick of a move? But then again, it could be just a mutual friendly gathering like how she had once stayed over with the Malfoys over the holidays. 

With every second instilling another quietness, Aine grew more nervous as she waited for Elliot to speak again. She peers over to Aion who was pretending to be thinking like his father, though she was sure that he just wanted to tease her just like how she had once teased him. 

"Alright!" Elliot lets out, patting the two armrests of his couch, he gazed at his daughter and smiles. "Sure! Bring him over! I'll prepare extra so that his tummy will be filled with my cooking too!" he said enthusiastically and oddly excitedly at the same time.

Aine blinked a couple of times, refusing to trust her father's reaction. Still cautious, she went on and asked him again, "Just— Just like that? Are you sure, dad?" 

Elliot nodded and he chuckles gleefully, "Of course, sweetheart! The Estoileon Cottage will always welcome any friends, that includes girlfriends—" he turned his neck to Aion who grew flustered. "— And boyfriends," his eyes travelled to his daughter before he gave her a wink and Aine's cheeks became red.

"Dad!" Aine gasped, she jumped up and quickly ran towards her room, fleeing from her father and brother's teasing behind her back. She hid in her room and plopped onto her bed, burying her face into her pillow as she screams internally. 

When tomorrow came, the Estoileon Cottage was completely lit with multiple dangling star lights and candles that left a sweet cinnamon aroma in the air. The Christmas tree next to the window had been placed in the morning but it was still completely bare of any decorations. Elliot had saved it for his children to decorate later when Draco comes, thinking it would be a fun bonding activity for them to do.

Unlike the previous year when Aine had spent her Christmas at Hogwarts, this year, she was spending the holidays at home where her loved ones will all be. As it was a rare occasion, Elliot made sure to prepare all of the dishes that Aine had missed in the last few years and it included her favourite peppermint chocolate yule log.