3. Meeting the rest of the Family + Camilo 'hurts' himself

Start from the beginning

"Can we stop by the kitchen and get arepas please" Camilo asks. Now that definitely sounds like a Camilo Question. aRePas. 🙄

"It wasn't a good idea bringing him with us, on second thought.." Nevaeh whispered to Mirabel. She laughs as Camilo turns around and gives her a look of 'What did you say?'

"Excuse me, I heard that!" Camilo says, 'angrily'.

"Why are you so obsessed with arepas? They're just a food, Camilo." Nevaeh asked. Camilo looks at her like she's crazy. "Are you crazy or something? Arepas are the best food known to planet earth! Not only are they a food, but, arepas are life, They're tasty, they're my lov-" "Okay enough of that." Mirabel said as she cut off Camilo in his sentence. "Why'd you cut me off? I was telling her how good arepas are, Mira.." Camilo said. Mirabel just rolls her eyes.

"Arepas aren't 'life' to other people. We don't all have the same taste buds!" Mirabel said as she pushed pass Camilo and continued walking. Nevaeh and Cloudy followed, Leaving Camilo there, in shock?

Cloudy suggested that she could be in la sala, (the living room). So, they all walked to the living room and searched for Abuela only to find Pepa and Julieta sitting on the couches and talking.

Cloudy squealed while Nevaeh just stared.

"Pls Cloudy stop. It's wEiRd!" Nevaeh says as she shakes her best friend out of that one state he goes in every time he sees a new Madrigal member.

"Hi kids!.. who are they?" Pepa asks.

"I don't wanna explain again. Will you, Mirabel?" I asked, Mirabel nodded.

I'm not about to write that whole paragraph about how Cloudy and Nevaeh got here so..

Time skip to After Mirabel explains, brought to you by AuthorNev

"Well.. that's certainly interesting!" Julieta says. Nevaeh scratches the back of her neck, knowing that it's something that sounds unreal, but come on. This family is literally living in a house full of Magic that can move on it's own. It shouldn't be that surprising to them.

"Yeah. We're looking for Abuela but we can't find her." Cloudy said, making a disgusted face when he said the word 'Abuela'.

"Oh, her? She's in the kitchen." Pepa said, smiling.

"Thank you Mrs. Madrigal?" Nevaeh said, thanking Pepa. "Please call me Pepa, haha!" Pepa replied. Nevaeh smiled. They headed off to the kitchen.

Of course Camilo speed walked in there because he thought he could get some arepas, which to his disappointment, he couldn't, because he wasn't hurt. Camilo had other ideas. As Nevaeh, Mirabel, and Cloudy approached Abuela to speak to her, Camilo disappeared and was up to something devious.

Sounds like him, though. According to Mirabel who apparently knows him the best of all his family members.

Abuela had introduced herself to Nevaeh and Cloudy, and them 2 introduced themselves to Abuela aswell. Everything was going well until we heard a definitely very 'real' scream.

Who was it from? Camilo.

He had done something really stupid. He purposely shifted his bed to get really high in his room, (since he's a shapeshifter he can shift anything in his room to be whatever he pleases), and he jumped off and sprained his ankle. Just for Julieta to allow him to have some arepas since he hurt himself. Everyone had rushed up to his room including Nevaeh and Cloudy. They burst it trying to see if he's okay, only to find him fake crying on the floor and making his sprained ankle obvious.

"What the-" Cloudy said. All Nevaeh did was stare, trying to figure out if Camilo could do something any more stupid.

Of course he can. He's Camilo.

Pepa and Julieta both rushed in the room. Pepa kneeled next to her son as Julieta then ran off to get some freshly baked arepas. In Camilo's mind, he was definitely successful.

A minute later, Julieta came back with a basket full of arepas and she also kneeled next to Camilo. Camilo made this random noise when he touched his ankle, as if he was ACTUALLY hurt. Well, he was, but he did it on purpose.

Julieta took an arepa from the basket and handed it to Camilo, in which he gladly took it and stuffed it in his mouth. His injury started faded away as soon as he began chewing. Within seconds its gone. Like it never happened. All of this for an arepa, really?

"Tía could I please have.. a few more?" He asked. Julieta sighed, then nodded. "Fine. Only because you actually hurt yourself this time." Julieta says.

Camilo takes a few more and stuffs all of them in his mouth somehow. This dude is a beast-

Anyways, Cloudy and Nevaeh looked at eachother. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Cloudy asked. Nevaeh nodded, then, simultaneously, both Nevaeh and Cloudy said 'he semi-faked it.' Out loud. The whole Madrigal family stare at the two.

"What?" Felix questioned.

Camilo gave both Cloudy and Nevaeh a look like 'please dont.'

"Um, just take a look at this. I know Camilo can shift his room, and look how high his bed is? I'm pretty sure thats not normally that high. He must've shifted it high and jumped off to purposely sprain his ankle just to get an arepa from Julieta." Nevaeh explained. "Mhm, dont you know this boy will do anything for arepas?" Cloudy added. The Madrigal family stares at them for a split second before they all turn their heads and glare at Camilo for tricking them.

"Uh.. its not.. true?" Camilo tried to defend himself but obviously it sounded as fake as his amazing personality. (Im kidding- don't attack me if you love Camilo lol)

"That could be true. Cloudy is right, Camilo loves his arepas.. anddd.. Nevaeh gave a good explanation. Its also true, his bed is never that high!" Mirabel exclaimed.

"You have to stop pranking us just for some food, Camilo. I do not raise you like thi-" Pepa gets cut off by Camilo who says 'meh', which results in Pepa re-gaining her cloud. "Camilo I'm not stupid lol" Nevaeh says. Camilo rolled his eyes at her then he got up from his spot he was sitting in. "Alright alright fine maybe Nevaeh and Cloudy are right.. I did purposely do it for arepas but I didn't harm any of you so I don't get a punishment.. right?" Camilo said.

Julieta looks at Pepa, and then they both nod. "Nah your getting a punishment." Pepa says, smiling victoriously.

K but imagine Pepa saying Nah

Camilo groaned in frustration as he shifted his bed back to normal and sat on it, crossing his arms.

His family leaves Camilo's room and gathers in la sala.

"You two are so smart I hate it. Fu-" Camilo starts, but then Nevaeh shushes him. Nobody even comes close to swearing around her. And Camilo quickly took notice of that as Nevaeh gave him a death glare for life.

"Dont you ever." Is all she said.

Cloudy and Mirabel tried to contain their laughter but failed. They both laughed so hard they almost cried, and they had to catch their breaths.

"Whatever. Get out, im mad at all of you!!" Camilo exclaims, pointing an accusing finger at them.

"Alright then, bye arepa addict" Nevaeh and Cloudy say simultaneously. Mirabel just laughs and Camilo mentally sweated at those 3, but didn't out loud because he would probably be killed by Nevaeh right as the words reach her ears. Like dolores-?

Mirabel Cloudy and Nevaeh walk down Casita's stairs only to be crowded by the rest of Mirabel's family.

"Hi..?" Cloudy says, giving everyone awkward looks.

"You two are really smart? Its surprising you didn't get pranked by Camilo. He usually plans these out really well to make them funny." Bruno explained. Nevaeh just laughs.

"Yeah we're pretty smart.." Nevaeh says, dramatically bowing.

Everyone got to know everyone better and now Nevaeh and Cloudy know the Madrigals a lot better than how they did from just viewing the movie screen.

But then, Nevaeh has a plan. "Wait, I have an idea. Since Camilo tried to prank y'all,"

"Why don't we prank him?"

👀