Eleven - "Scary times."

"Get down!"

"Fuck Lyds! What do we do? What the fuck do we do?"

"Quiet!"

"Lyds I don't know if you noticed but I'm freaking out over here-"

"Eddie!" She grabbed him by the collar of his jacket, "You need to calm down okay? We're gonna figure something out."

"Yeah, yeah. You're right." He nodded

Daylight seeped in through the cracked glass of the window and hit Lydia Greystone right in the eyes as she crawled to her knees and took a look outside. She'd have thought it was just her and Eddie there if not for the black car parked out front; they'd finally found them. It was game over. She wanted to scream and cry and run outside and throw Jason and his idiot friends in the lake but she knew that would do nothing to protect Eddie. So she settled on doing the only thing she'd learnt how to do the last few years; put up a fight.

"Lydia where are you going?" Eddie hissed, watching as his crush climbed to her feet in clear view of the window.

In an instant she'd grabbed ahold of one of the spare oars and snapped it over the edge of the work bench, right by Eddie's head.

"Holy shit!"

"I'm not losing you too." She told him, "So if I've got to get my hands a little bloody, I will."

"You are so hot." He chuckled softly but his smile quickly faded, "You think it's definitely Jason?"

"It has to be. The others would have radioed first. Besides, it isn't Steve's car."

"I'm gonna radio Dustin... Get down here before they see you alright?"

With shaking hands the younger girl crawled over beside her friend and placed her make shift weapon down beside her. Without giving it a second thought, she leaned into Eddie's chest and he took her with open arms, not even sparing a single thought to the action, almost as if they were at home with one another.

"Hey Dustin, it's me Eddie, you remember me right? Hey, if anyones there I really think we might be in a bit of trouble here, okay? Wheeler?Anybody!"

"Let me try."

"Dustin, Steve! This is Lyds, Jason is here! If any of you can hear this, you need to pick up now!"

"I don't think anyone is coming to save us this time sweetheart."

"Then we just have to wait until they do."

"What if-"

"No what if's Eddie. Not right now." She mumbled, hiding her face in his neck. "I can't bare the thought-"

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere without you, I already told you that. I'd have to die first."

"You promise?"

"I promise you." He whispered, taking her face in his hands. "Besides, there is no me without you, remember?"

"Eds..." she swallowed the lump in her throat, "You know that I-"

"I already know princess."

"You do?"

"I do." He beamed, letting himself lay back against the wooden wall, his eyes only met hers for a split second. "I feel it too."

***

"It's been hours, why is no one picking up?"

"I don't know, but it's dark outside and they're still in the house."

"How do you know?"

"I can see one of their shadows upstairs, I think they're tearing apart Rick's bedroom."