Four - "Follow me."

Monday morning came around and Lydia Greystone found herself awakening from one of the most comfortable sleeps of her life. Feeling the sunlight on her skin as it seeped in through the blinds, the soft breeze coming in from her window left slightly a jar, the smell of cologne in the air. It was pure heaven.

The young girl had fallen asleep sat up with her head leaning back against the top of her couch and so she moved to lay on her side feeling something squishy beneath her and that was the moment she realised where she was. She wasn't on her couch, it wasn't her blinds left open, it wasn't her window ajar, it was all Eddie's. And the squishy thing she'd almost lay down upon, was Eddie himself, completely sound asleep.

"Shit shit shit!" She cussed, grabbing Eddie's wrist and observing the time. 9:45am. They were late for school. "Fuck! Eddie wake up! We fell asleep!"

"Huh?"

"Eddie, we fell asleep! Get your ass up!"

"Fuck." He sighed, groggily sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

The boy observed the space around him, seeing the half eaten Chinese food on the coffee table and his TV still on, flashing between static and a blue screen. Lyds stood before him, pacing back and forth absolutely frantic, searching for her belongings in amongst the mess they'd made, but the only thing Eddie could notice was the fact that she was still wearing his clothes, and without even realising it a smile cursed his lips.

"Lydia." He grabbed her hand, stopping her in her tracks, "Please calm down."

"I'm trying, it's just-"

"It's just what? Talk to me."

"I don't want my Aunt to freak out and think I'm going off the rails again."

"Now why would she think that?"

Lydia hesitated for a second, choosing between allowing her friend to hear her truth and telling him the complete opposite. In a moment of weakness, she chose the latter.

"It's nothing. We can talk about it another time when we aren't late for school."

"Lyds-"

"Please Eddie."

"Alright whatever you say... Let me get your clothes from the dryer, you can get changed in the bathroom and then I can drive us to school."

"What about your uncle? Won't he be mad that I stayed the night?"

"He probably didn't come back last night anyway." Eddie shrugged, standing to his feet. "It's okay Lyds."

"If you're sure."

"You gotta stop overthinking all the time all right princess?" He grabbed her hand, forcing her to follow behind him as he made his way to the dryer, hunching down in front of it. "You gotta be like your old drug dealer here, just live in the moment."

"It's easier said than done-"

"Uh Greystone?"

"Yes?"

"We may have a problem..."

"What Eddie? What did you do?"

"Promise you won't be mad?"

"I'm not promising anything until you show me what you've done."

"I think you might just have to wear my shirt to school today, just maybe."

"You shrunk my shirt didn't you?"

"I wouldn't exactly say shrunk."

It was then that Lydia crouched down beside Eddie and saw the state of her t-shirt lay waste in the dryer. It was four sizes too small for her now, somehow the Munson boy had managed to shrink it beyond belief. Just great.