"You're being unfair. I've been waiting for a mate for longer than you've even been alive. Do you know how it would harm me to let you go?" Jane tries to reason. She knows that her mate won't be persuaded as easy as she thought, but it was worth a shot.
"You're nauseating, just shut up already." Cora groans, rubbing her cool finger tips into her temple as to further prove her point.

Jane's expression isn't one of rage anymore, it's just empty. But it's just a faux mask. Deep down, she was hurt and sad. But the girl wouldn't let Cora know that. So she clenches her jaw, turning sharply towards the door and walks out, the door slamming shut behind her.

Her short heels clack against the cobble ground, her fists still balled by her side. Her expression remaining emotionless. A thousand thoughts whirl through her head, but she doesn't even have a chance to gather them when Demetri and Felix are suddenly by her side. They start speaking to her, probably laughing about the argument but her ears aren't working, blinded by rage. She can only see their mouths moving from the corner of her eye.

Without sympathy, their bodies collapse to the floor, the feeling of a thousand knives puncturing their skin causing them to scream. The pain doesn't stop until Jane has already turned the corner, leaving them alone to wonder what the fuck just happened.

She starts running. To where she doesn't know. It's like she doesn't even have control of her body. It's all blank until she finds herself running into the arms of the only other person who's ever been there for her.
"Jane?" Alec questions, confused by the body that just slammed into him. He was in the gardens, as he wanted to watch the sunset. Guess that plan was ruined.

"Hey?" He questions, gripping her shoulders and pulling her away from himself. He gets a good look at her face and his eyes soften. "She hates me!" She cries, venom pooling in her eyes. "And I — I don't know what to do.." She chokes out, letting her brother watch as she crumbles in front of him. He hasn't seen her like this in what feels like forever, since they were humans.
Everyone in their village would pick on them, mostly her though. She would get so angry, so riled up until she would run to him and just simply cry until she couldn't anymore.

It's not even the thought that Cora had yelled at her or insulted her that made her break. It was the fact that she had been waiting for someone like her since she was born and now there was a chance that she would never get to experience the feeling of loving someone and being loved in return.

It's quiet in Cordelia's room. Well, that is until a trembling voice breaks it.
"Who are you?" The human questions, using her small amount of strength to sit up. Cora sighs, turning to face the teenage girl that now sits on the floor of her bedroom. "My names Cora. I'm sorry that this happened to you. My friend is a bit pushy." She squints at the young human, noticing the tears that stream down her face. She does feel bad, genuinely. She knows the fear she's feeling right now, and a quick thought pops into her head.

"This is going to be hard to hear and I apologize in advance, but you're going to die today."
It's quiet for a moment. It's almost like she had to register the words as she's only just now reacting.
The girl pushes herself backwards using her feet, her back now against the wall. She's at least seven feet away from Cora now, and the vampire doesn't intend to step closer just yet.

"You're here because this castle is full of vampires and you're our meal."
"What?" She whimpers, her eyes wide with fear. Jane would've smiled at this but Cora can't help the small frown that paints her lips.
"Nobody here will ever let you leave this place knowing what you know. But.. I have an idea if you'd like to hear it. Hm?"

And just as Cora says that, the girl doesn't look as fearful of her. "Anything, please." She whispers. "Close your eyes." The human doesn't move, only blinking up at her hesitantly.
"You need to trust me, we don't have much time before you're disposed of. Now shut your eyes!" She shouts, the girl obeying instantly.
"Perfect."

The girl winces, feeling teeth sink into her neck. But she stays still, letting Cora do whatever she's doing.
A minute later, the girl starts to feel a little lightheaded and gasps, causing Cora to dart backwards.

Cora blinks, before realizing what she's done. "Fuck! I didn't mean to go that far. Are you feeling any pain?" She doesn't reply, and only nods drowsily.
"Please don't pass out." And as soon as the words exit her mouth, the girl falls unconscious on the ground.
"Great."

The door slams open and a random guard walks in, his brows furrowing at the girl on the ground.
"Did you bite her?" He questions, her blood suddenly not smelling very tasty.
"Maybe." Cora shrugs, gripping her new kids body and tossing her onto the king sized mattress.
The man doesn't move just yet, his brows raised, his expression almost impressed.
"I'll... inform the Masters." He states hesitantly, shutting the door on his way out.

"It's been a long day. Move over." Cordelia shoves the girl onto the other side of the bed before burying her head into her pillow, attempting to get the rest that she knows she'll never get.

Aro laughs to himself, his face full of amusement. Whilst Caius stares at the guard in disbelief, ignoring the look that Marcus is sending him.
"She did what?!"

a/n: hey guys... I KNOW I WAS GONE AWHILE BUT IM BACK NOW. I was like reading the comments on the authors note and someone was like, "that's a big cliff hanger" and then i was like holy shit i forgot i left them on a cliff hanger 💀
SO HERE WE ARE.
howd you like the chapterrrr???? i think it's pretty good, and i kinda have an idea what to write for the next one but i'm not for sure if ima do it. guess you gotta wait and see 🙀

SORRY FOR LEAVING U GUYS ON A CLIFF HANGER FOR SOO LONG. ILY 🫶🏼

written:: 10/28/2022