Eddie Munson - Poolside

"Hey, Wheeler, you little shit!"

Mike turned towards you with that irritated, pinched look on his pale face. "What?"

  You lazily signed for him to come, splayed on a pool chair at Steve Harrignton's backyard pool in the heat of July. He sighed theatrically and stomped over to where you were, blue swimming trunks dripping water on the concrete of the poolside. His black hair was wet and his weird bob was pushed back so he could see.

  He stood in front of you, squinting to see your eyes behind your black sunglasses. He had a hand on his bony hip, impatient expression on his face.

"What are you standing like that for?"

"What do you mean? You're the one who called for me!"

  Eddie Munson grunted from beside you. He was laying on a pool chair of his own, stomach down, face squished onto a towel. He was shirtless, wearing black swimming trunks, his pale back littered with little tattoos off for viewing.

  "Jesus Christ, Wheeler, cut her some slack, she's, like, literally your mom." It was true; just like how Eddie favoured Dustin Henderson and Will Byers (since he'd come back from California) and Steve favoured Dustin (again) and Lucas Sinclair, your favourite children were Mike Wheeler and Max Mayfield.

  "Yeah, I'm basically your mom. Respect me, would you?" you agreed.

  Mike smiled widely, frustrated. He spoke through gritted teeth. "Yes, Mom. What did you want?"

  "Go get some water bottles from inside, please. Max looks like she's about to die from dehydration," you told him, picking at your nails and adjusting your dark blue bikini.

He scoffed. "She should get her own water, then."

  "But you're a gentleman, right?" you mocked, tone childish. "You wouldn't let her leave the comfort of her chair, would you?"

  You smiled sweetly as he rolled his eyes and headed towards Steve's backdoor to get to the kitchen. Eddie rolled over beside you.

  "You're too hard on him, (y/l/n)," he said, putting on his sunglasses, hair messy.

"It's cause he's being an arrogant little shit, Eddie."

  "I'm sure you say that with affection," he paused, looking at you in theatrical doubt. "He's just going through a hard time... with love." You followed his eyes until yours landed on Will Byers, sat by the edge of the pool talking to Eleven. 

You raised an interested eyebrow. "Oh?"

He turned to grin at you toothily. "Oh, yes."

  You smiled fondly at Will in the distance and then leaned over towards Eddie, taking off his sunglasses and fixing his hair. You took off a green scrunchie you had in your wrist and tied his hair up in a loose bun. The entire time, he was looking up at you with his big, brown eyes, framed by fluttering dark lashes every time you would rub at his scalp.

  Once you were done, you moved back to lie comfortably on your chair again, aware of his wide eyes following you. It felt nice; being his sole focus, making him flustered and quiet. "He knows he's my favourite, anyways. The spoilt kid could use a little bit of tough love every now and then."

  Just then, Steve passed by, squatting down between you and Eddie's chairs. "Who, Wheeler?" He was wearing red swimming trunks and his brown hair was slicked back because of the water. He had already gotten somewhat of a tan, as he'd been running around with kids all day.

  "Yeah, Wheeler," you replied, head turning towards him. You were pretty close, both in the lack of space and in friendship. That's why you always found yourself on Steve's lap, Nancy's cuddles or as Robin's target in tickle fights. Eddie was even more though, seeing as the boy loved physical touch and had no concept of personal space at all. It was a blessing and a curse, sometimes. "Eddie says he's just crushing on someone at the moment, so he's all angsty and shit."