Oh, right.

               This thing...

               My hand reached for the small button on the back, and a familiar melody began playing.

               Merry-Go-Round of Life.

               The film’s main theme.

               This piece had always been one of my favorite ghibli themes for it added so much to the otherworldly elements of the film. But this particular melody that was currently playing propelled it to the very top of the list.

               For one reason.

               It was a violin cover of the piece arranged and played by none other than the one who made the miniature.

              The tempo was slower and the melody was much more emotional that it made me want to tear up.

               I had always interpreted this piece as something gloomy. However, Winter’s version made me feel so euphoric every time I listen to it; it sounded like the stages of falling in love; the realization, the denial, the acceptance, the dwelling on what that meant exactly, the highs and the lows, everything.

               It was beautiful.

               I don’t know how she did it; how she was able to place the recording tape inside; even so, it was so awesome and made the replica so much better than the official one.

               That prodigy, really.

               Never would’ve thought her music could put my chaotic mind at ease.

               Endeavoring to formulate a plan became much easier.

               Now, I know what I must do.

               Baby steps.

               Apologize first and foremost.

               It was around noon when I arrived at the school.

               The second day of the festival had already kicked in and the crowd appeared to be larger than the previous day. Probably because it was a rest day for every club member in order to be at the pinnacle of their ability for the big event tomorrow.

               Aeri was nowhere to be seen nor did she message me earlier this morning regarding on what she was planning to do today. My guess was she was probably hanging out with Yizhuo Ning somewhere on the campus and was trying to impress her by showing off her ‘skills’.

               This was their first and last school festival together in highschool; might as well leave them be and allow them to enjoy the day without any interruptions.

               Besides...

               “Have you been waiting for long?”

               I turned around and was met with the most adorable grin I’d ever seen. I didn’t realize I was staring until a clearing of throat pulled me out of my reverie.

               “Ah, no.” I avoided her gaze, embarrassed. “I just got here myself.”

               The effect of her appearance on me wouldn’t easily go away, it seemed.