"hi ev," i said smiling.

"oh my god! your bump! it's more noticeable now!" i exclaimed, looking down at the woman's stomach.

"yes! he's been getting so big recently. but who's the guy?" she asked, looking at jack standing next to me.

"jack. evie right?" he said, holding his hand out for her to shake.

she shook his hand, "yes! well jack, angelina tells me you're an NHL player right?"

"yeah, for the jersey devils."

"ooh, i've heard of them. quite the career." she said, picking up a coat from the couch.

"how far along are you now?" i asked, we were all now walking outside to the patio.

"30 weeks on monday next week."

"your first?" jack asked.

"yes! suckers been making my life a living hell." she said laughing.

"brooke!" elias said, running up to me.

"hi kid." i said, bending down and giving him a hug.

"well if it isn't my favorite granddaughter!" my grandpa said, getting up from his chair and giving me a hug.

"you mean your only?"

"potato patata." he says.

"and who's the young man?" he asked.

"jack hughes, sir." jack said, putting out his hand.

my grandpa took a good look at him, looking him up and down and rolling his eyes.

"no i'm only kidding!"

"nice to meet you son." he said shortly after, shaking jack's hand.

"come let's get you guys some food, that's what we're all here for after all."

"is my existence a joke?" angelina asked.

"a bit," my grandpa said.

"thanks dad," she responded.

"well food's over here at the outdoor kitchen." grandpa said, leading the way.

"now tell me son, you play hockey right?" he continued.

"i do, sir."

"stop with the sir, it makes me feel older than i am." my grandpa laughed.

"NHL right?" my grandpa said shortly after.

"yeah, for the jersey devils." jack said.

"that's great. well you guys can help yourselves to anything." grandpa said, the catering splayed out on the outdoor kitchen counter. he was starting to walk away, but mid-step he turned around instantly and came back.

"brooke i was starting to think he was perfect until i saw the hat. a yankees fan?"

"see! i told you!" i exclaimed.

"it's just the hat, i promise." jack responded instantly.

"we need to get him a sox's hat."

"did you know we have a box at good old fenway?" my grandpa said, putting his hand on jacks back.

"we need to take him someday to experience some real baseball. none of that yankees shit. it'll change your life." my grandpa continued.

"oh yeah. for sure." i chimed in.

"next time your in boston, we'll plan something out and enjoy a beer while watching some ball. you are over twenty-one right?"

"oh yeah." jack responded.

"well glad to know my granddaughter isn't a cougar. i'll see you guys over there." my grandpa said, walking away, leaving us alone.

"a box at fenway?" jack asked.

"told you. money." i said, laughing.

-

instagram

brookeadler's story

brookeadler's story

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
passionfruit • jack hughesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें