Part 23: The rink

I don't know what to write here.

_______

THURSDAY

6 P.M.

Akari P.O.V.

I'm laying down on a couch with my feat propped up against a wall with a fire place a few feet away. I scan the pages go my book completely invested in the story of Michael Vey. Until an annoying voice breaks me out of my trance.

"Haven't you read the series like four times already?" Aki asks and I turn to my left to look at her.

"There are books that will never get boring no matter how many times you read them" I say rolling my eyes at her before focusing back on my book

"Whatever you say" She says going back to her own book

I start to read but can't concentrate anymore and eventually sigh in frustration and drop my book to the floor and roll over to look at Aki again.

"What are you reading?" I ask using my hand to prop my head up.

"I'm reading the Harry Potter series I'm on book four and Harry almost got killed by a dragon" She says turning the page and not looking up

There's an awkward silence for a few minutes only filled with the crackling of the fire and the turning of pages.

"I'm bored." I say after a few minutes of enduring the silence

"That's cool" she says still not looking up

"I'm gonna to go ice skating" I say throwing my legs over the edge of the couch and standing up

Aki sighs and looks up "Why do you feel the need to drag me outside in the freezing cold? Why can't you be like this during summer or something?" She complains 

"You don't have to come with me" I say standing up and grabbing my book

"Yes I do" She sighs closing her book and standing up as well "We never go outside without each other just incase something happens"

"You go to our parents house without me all the time" I point out

"Yes but I'm not going outside. I portal from one indoor place to another" She says following me out of the library and down the stairs

"Fine I guess you can tag along" I huff rolling my eyes

"Don't act like I want to go outside" She mumbles as she stalks to her room to change

I grin and skip to my room closing the the door behind me. I weave through the piles of things placed through out my room until I reach my closet. I throw open the doors and rummage through the clothes until I unearth my favorite black turtle neck with built in fingerless gloves. I throw it on my bed and start searching for leggings.

After a few minutes of getting distracted and planning outfits I will never wear I pull out a pair of thick, black leggings with really soft and fuzzy insides. I walk over to the bed and pull off my hoodie and shorts and throwing them on top of a random pile and pull on my leggings and turtle neck before looking at myself in the mirror and frowning.

'Something's missing'

'It's too much black'

I turn back to my closet and start digging through there again until I grab the perfect sweater. It's a dark teal color with a cut open collar and it's really thin but not see through thin more of like a really worn through thin if you know what I mean.

I pull it on over my turtle neck and grab a pair of green earmuffs and black figure skates with socks shoved in them before making my way back into the hall to see Aki already standing there waiting for me.