What's Up With Them? /4

PLEASE READ!!!!

This chapter has some spoilers for an episode in season 2 or 3 I can't remember but it's about doug and his family trauma.

TW: SUICIDE, ALCOHOL ABUSE, DRUGS, OVERDOSE. please don't read this if this triggers you. I hope all is well, take care of yourself <33

'finally' you think as you pull into the familiar Chapel or jumpstreet headquarters as some people call it. You felt relieved to be back yet nervous to see everyone again. You walked in slowly hesitating before opening the door. You decided to go to the Chapel early so you wouldn't see everyone at once. You walked into the Chapel and you were met with a gasp. You followed where the sound came from and you were met with the gaze of doug. He dropped the papers he was holding and ran over to you. "you're back?" he asked but also celebrated as he embraced you in a strong hug. "no..oxygen" you say as he squeezes you even tighter. "she's gonna collapse if you don't let her go penhall" Hanson says swinging in his chair. Doug let's you go and you make your way over to Hanson. He stands from his desk chair. "oh yeah you're new desk is the one infront of mine" he says pointing to a wooden desk near his. "welcome back" he puts a hand out for you to shake but you run into his chest pulling him into a hug that was strong but not as strong as penhall's. Tom laughed and hugged you back "ooh la la" Doug says while walking to his desk with the papers from earlier. You pull away from Hanson. "thanks for uhm.." you say not wanting Doug to hear. "no problem" Hanson says smiling at you. You walk to your desk and sit down. "hmm" you say out loud as you reach into your bag and pull out a framed photo of you with Hanson, Doug, Judy, Ioke and Captain Fuller, you place it on your desk and smile while admiring it. "Y/n, Hanson, Penhall" Captain Fuller calls from his office. 'yes! A case' you think as you walk to fullers office with Tom and Doug. Tom sat on the couch beside Captain's desk, Doug stood against the wall beside the door and you sat in the chair infront of Fullers desk. Fuller sat tall in his chair. "I have a case for the 3 of you" he said stern. The three of you looked at Fuller and listened attentively to his words. "this case is very serious as it is about a school where students are..." Fuller hesitated. "committing suicide" he finished. You stared at him with wide eyes of shock. Oh no. I can't work on this case. You start to panic and it becomes visible. Captain Fuller looked at you concerned. "y/n?" you snapped out of your thoughts. "mhm" you said in response. "are you okay?" he asked. "of course why wouldn't I be happy to be back and working on a case again" you said quickly playing with your hands. "okay get to work the three of you" Fuller said not taking his eyes off of you. Oh god you think to yourself while walking back to your desk. You begin reading the file and notice that Penhall was acting strange. What's up with him?

// going to the school

The role you were given for this case was a depressed teenager looking to buy a gun to kill herself. Doug and Hanson are both jocks getting to know everyone to try get information. You were nervous as you walked to the school. You let out a sigh as you opened the doors to the school. Classes went by normally except for English. In English you seen someone giving a guy money and the guy telling him to meet him behind gym after school. You told Tom and Doug this during a class swap, the guy was a jock so they became friends with him. During your visit to this school you made a friend, Mia (change name if your name is Mia if you'd like).She had straight blonde hair and green eyes, she dressed in dark clothes (mostly grey and black) and she was very pale. Mia was very sweet but told you that she also wanted to kill herself, not now but after graduation. It was the start of an hour lunch and you and Mia were walking to her locker. "College exists" you say trying to sway her opinion on killing herself. "it's already decided, you can't change that." she said opening her locker. "so you were bullied right?" she said rummaging through her locker. "yeah, that's why I moved here" you said sounding genuine. Mia nodded her head. "sorry to remind you" she said closing her locker. "it's fine" you say leading her to your locker. You opened it and took some books out. "why did you want to know?" you question. "just interested" she said looking away. "do you get bullied" you asked staring into the locker. "of course, the jocks don't know what it's like. The things they say.." she trailed of. "what" you coughed, trying to hold back your tears. This is the same as high school you think as you look at Mia. "what do they say?" you eventually said. "the usual, kill yourself and do us all a favour, slurs, calling the girls fat, useless and ugly. Whatever they can pick on they will. She said folding her arms looking disgusted. She seen how uneasy you looked."dont let it bother you y/n" she said linking your arm with hers. "I'm here with you plus we'll be dead soon anyways" she finished as she brought you to the cafeteria. You smiled as you walked in. You seen Hanson and Doug sitting with the jocks. Doug was staying quiet and to himself. Mia and you both got lunch and sat down at an empty table. "you got any friends?" you ask Mia as the two of you sit next to each other. "you" she says picking up an apple. You smile and put your books beside you and open your chocolate milk. "Hey" Hanson sat beside you. Mia looked at you and slowly bit her apple staring at Tom. "hi" you siad turning to face Tom. "I'm Tom, nice to meet you" he puts a hand out for you to shake and you do. You hear laughing from the jocks table and you look over and they hide their faces. "ooh nice books" Hanson says putting his hands over them. "thanks" you say suspicious of what he's gonna do. "oh is that chocolate milk" Hanson says. Before you knew it chocolate milk was on your face, clothes and books. Hanson bust out laughing and got up and ran back to the jocks table. "HEY YOU ASSHOLE COME HERE AGAIN AND I'LL KILL YOU" Mia shouted at him. Mia put a hand on your shoulder. "come with me" she said leading you out of the cafeteria. You stayed silent as you were brought to the bathroom by Mia. The flashbacks hit.