Elliot Meets Demolition

Start from the beginning

"One day she floated away like a balloon," the counter girl made a hand gesture with her hands.

"I hold on tight," Riley smiled.

"Will you go 42 bucks?" Maya asked.

"Will you buy this dress here?" The counter girl showed them the ugly dress the girl before them sold.

"Is that even a color?" Maya asked disgusted.

The counter girl went to Riley.

"This is the color of dreams," the counter girl told Riley.

Riley looked at the dress in awe.

"Unicorns ballet-dancing on a cloud. This is the color of a hug, if that hug was given by everybody in the world at once," the counter girl continued.

Riley's eyes widened more.

"puppies," the counter girl added.

Riley smiled.

The angels call this color imaginatia," the counter girl finished and went back to the counter.

Riley admiration for the dress increased and she turned to the front.

"Can I please talk now?" Riley asked.

"Do you have something to say that won't hurt us?" Maya asked.

"I must have that dress," Riley said determined.

"Well, at least there's nothing worse you could possibly say," Maya smiled.

The counter girl chuckled.

Riley took out a credit card out of her pocket.

"Do you take this credit card my mom gave me for emergencies with a $500 limit on it? Because I need a dress for the spring formal, and I want that one. No other one but that one. So how much for this dress of hope?" Riley asked really fast.

Maya's eyes widened and the counter girl eyed the credit hungrily.

"Riley, she's a shark. She knows you want the dress. We're not gonna be able to afford any other clothes," Maya told her.

"Well, I am shocked and offended that you think so little of me," the counter girl said in fake offense.

"Oh no," Maya sighed.

"Riley, I will let you have this dress for $50, if you say yes right this second," the counter girl told Riley.

"Y..." Riley began.

"A hundred," the counter girl shurgged.

"Maya!" Riley turned to Maya upset.

"200," the counter girl raised her offer.

"I think the numbers are going up," Riley told Maya.

"240," the counter girl raised her offer.

"I think that they are going up because they keep on going up," Riley told Maya overwhemled.

The girl kept on raising her offer as Riley continued to talk to Maya.

"...because I'm not saying yes, and they're going up and up," Riley ranted as the the price rose up

"99... Nine..." The counter girl continued.

"and up And...what is happening?" Riley asked overwhemled by the counter girl.

"300," the counter girl told with a smirk.

"Deal. 300, because it was going to be more, wasn't it?" Riley slammed her emergency credit card on the counter.