Ch.17

Grace and Simon were still trying for their baby. It hadn't happened just yet. But she knew that they weren't giving up on their baby.

That morning, Grace walked into the living room. She looked to him and smiled. "Morning."

"Morning. Sleep okay?" Simon asked as he kissed her.

Grace nodded and smiled. She kissed him. "I'm fine. I love you."

"Love you too."

The two of them kissed again. Simon pulled her onto the sofa. He got between her legs and smiled. "You're beautiful. You know that right?" He said.

"I wish."

Simon kissed her. "When we have our baby, they're going to see how beautiful their mummy is. And we're going to have a beautiful baby. I promise you."

***
The two of them went into work. Grace saw Esmè and walked over. "Hey. You okay?" She asked as she looked to her.

Esmè sighed. "I'm definitely pregnant. I went to the doctor yesterday. And he confirmed it. I can't believe I let that idiot get me pregnant."

Grace smiled. She took her hand. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. You just need to relax and don't do anything to stress to yourself."

Esmè shook her head and sighed. "I wanted it to be you who had the baby. Not me. I feel so bad," she mumbled as she looked to her.

Grace rolled her eyes and smiled. "Esmè. It's going to be okay. Simon and I have got this. We can try for our baby. And we are. Everyday," she told her.

"That's too much information. But it's all good."

Grace smiled and nodded. She looked to her. "Has Max said anything?"

Esmè shook her head and smiled. She looked to her. "I figured that if I'm having this baby, I'm having it alone. My mum says I can go back down there if I want. I don't know though."

Grace smiled. "Whatever you want to do."

***
Grace was sitting in the staffroom. Simon walked in and smirked. "I'm going to do you in the bath."

"What?"

Simon laughed. "Sperm has more chances of becoming a baby if we're in water. Or so I read."

Grace smirked as she looked to him. "Yeah. You do realise that might not be accurate?" She said.

"You never know. It could be."

"Yeah. Okay."

The two of them kissed as Simon pinned her against the counter. Grace pushed him away. "We're in work. Stop."

"No one is in here."

Grace rolled her eyes but smiled. She looked to him. "Save it till later. Max is watching us."

"Oh. Sorry Max."

Max shrugged and smiled. "Don't worry about it. Someone needs to get some romance in their life," he said as he turned and walked off.

***
Grace smiled as she saw her mum. Maggie looked to her. "You okay mum?" She asked as she hugged her.

"I'm okay pet. How's it going?"

Grace shrugged as she smiled. She looked to her. "Maybe we could do something this weekend? Just me and you?" She asked.

Maggie nodded and smiled. She knew she wanted to make more of an effort with her daughter. Especially as she knew that Grace was her only child.

But Maggie had no idea how Grace was soon to be fighting for her life.