(60) Matchmakers

Request by: @Lohikaarmemestari

"Just look at those two."

Octavius glances away from the cat video he was watching and over to his friend Jedidiah. "Who are we looking at?"

"(Yn) and Ahkmenrah!!" Jedidiah exclaims. "Who else?"

"What about them?"

Jedidiah looks over at you and Ahk. It didn't take a genius to tell that the two of you were a match made in Heaven. You were Larry Daley's daughter, so you would tag along and go to the museum with him whenever you got the chance. You loved spending time with the exhibits, but you and the pharaoh Ahkmenrah were especially close.

Even though you were so close, you always assured everyone that you were "just friends."

Eventually, the exhibits dropped it...well except for one: Jedidiah. He was still convinced that you and the young pharaoh were made for one another.

"Oh, for the love of Rome...are you still on this?" Octavius sighs.

Jedidiah stomps his foot. "Of course I am!! Those two are made for each other!! They go together like a cowboy and his hat!"

"Well, what do you propose we do then, Cupid?" The general sighs.

The cowboy rubs his hands together and smirks. "I thought you'd never ask..."

:-:-:-:

Jedidiah mischievously grins as he watched you walk down one of the many halls of the museum. He looks over to Dexter the capuchin monkey. "Dexter! You're a go!"

Dexter happily chatters and runs over to you. He tugs on one of your pant legs and looks up at you.

"Hey, Dexter! What's up, buddy?" You ask as Dexter climbs up your leg and onto your shoulder.

The monkey stares at you, and without warning, he holds out the flashlight he stole from your belt.

Your eyes widen. You could see where this was going, and you didn't like it one bit. "Dexter..." you gently urge. "Can I please please have my flashlight back?"

Dexter shakes his head and leaps off of your shoulder, flashlight in hand. He flips the light on and off before he mischievously smiles at you and darts down the hall.

"Ugh...why didn't I see that coming?" You groan.

You run after Dexter, weaving past the different animals and exhibits that roamed the halls. "DEXTER!! YOU GET YOUR MONKEY BUTT BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!" You yell.

Dexter ignored you (obviously), and you continued the chase. You gasp in horror when you see a bright yellow 'wet floor' sign. You try to slow down, but fail and go skidding across the slick floor. As you focus on just trying to keep your balance, you didn't even notice the pharaoh standing at the end of the hall, trying to convince Dexter to give him your flashlight.

You collide with Ahkmenrah and the two of you tumble to the cold floor. You land directly on top of Ahk, your face only inches away from the pharaoh.

Your cheeks turn bright pink and you quickly stand up. Ahkmenrah's cheeks become red as you help him to his feet. "Ahk, I'm so sorry! I was chasing after Dexter because he stole my flashlight and then I slipped on the floor..."

The pharaoh chuckles. "It's alright." He smiles at you. "I managed to convince Dexter to return your flashlight."

You grin as Ahk places the flashlight back into your hands. "Thank you!" You sigh. "That monkey is going to be the death of me."