(40) Introductions

Requested by: @Princessofvryn19

You sigh happily as you watch King Ahkmenrah being carried through the town. He smiles down kindly at his subjects. You adored his handsome face and caring personality. You didn't just have an admiration for the young king, you also were in love with him. He was so kind, handsome, and compassionate. You always wanted to talk to him, but he was always surrounded by guards who blocked him from all the peasants.

"(Yn)!"

You're snapped from your thoughts as your sister calls out to you. "Come on! We have to get this water back to the house in time for dinner." She says, already carrying her jug of water from the river.

"Oh, right. Sorry (sisters name{if you don't have a sister just make up a random name :)})!" You begin filling the jug when you overhear one of the guards speak up and begin to announce something.

"Attention subjects of King Ahkmenrah! In three days time the King will choose a bride. All women ages sixteen to twenty are required to come to the palace. One of these women will be chosen!"

The jug falls out of your hands and lands in the water, splashing your plain brown tunic. This was your chance! You could finally end up with the King! You turn back to look at Ahkmenrah, who was still smiling and waving at the subjects. You felt butterflies flutter around in your stomach as you think about the king.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"(Sn), I don't know what to do! I have absolutely nothing to wear!" You whine to your sister who was busy preparing dinner. King Ahkmenrah would be choosing his future bride tonight, and you still hadn't found a outfit. Time was definitely running out. You supposed it didn't matter though. Even if you did meet the king, you had no clue what you would say to him. You were horribly shy, and already suck as it is when it comes to introductions. Not that you were going to tell (sn) that.

(Sn) looks off into the distance in thought for a moment before her eyes light up. "I think that I have an idea."

Your sister leads you over to a wooden trunk in the back of the small house the two of you shared. It was a trunk that belonged to your parents, but you were forbidden by (Sn) to open it.

You let out a small gasp as (Sn) opens the trunk and begins rummaging through your parents belongings. "Here it is!" She then pulls out a long green colored dress from the trunk. It was definitely old, but it was still beautiful. It had long flowing sleeves, and white beads lined the v-neck of the dress.

You gaze at the gown in awe. "How did mother ever get ahold of a dress like this?" You ask.

"Grandmother spent months making her this dress for her wedding. It took a lot of savings to buy the fabric." (Sn) explains, her eyes never leaving the gown. She stands up and examines the dress. "It needs a bit of touching up, but it should do."

It only took a short while for (Sn) to fix up the dress and make it presentable. She then helped you dress, and brushed out your (hc) hair.

"There." She says, stepping back to admire her work. She looks out the window and gasps. (Sn) grabs your shoulders and frantically shakes them. "(Yn)! You have to go! The suns beginning to set!!" She exclaims. "You'll be late!!"

"Oh no!" You quickly grab your sandals, and rush out the door. "Thankyou so much, (Sn)!" You call out, exiting your home.

You run down the streets of the city, dodging carts, street vendors packing up for the night, and animals. You never stop running for even a moment, as you dash to the palace, determined to at least meet the king. You finally make it to the gates of the palace, a sweating, panting, mess. The hair that (Sn) worked so long to brush was damp with sweat and in knots.