Chapter 12: A hero.

Start from the beginning

"I don't have any money," Ah yes, he got reset 3 hours ago.

"It's fine, It's on the house," Frank said resuming to the kitchen.

"You were scared of a cat, Ryan," Haylee commented.

"Uh...If you see a kid in trouble, you gotta do, what you gotta do," Ryan shrugged. "Well, it wasn't easy, I almost died,"

"Your interview says otherwise," She said pointing to the TV showing Ryan blowing his own trumpet.

"I at least deserve boasting rights," Ryan said tapping the table.

"You don't even have a scratch on you," She paused, and "you're telling me you almost died?"

"I'm hiding it," Ryan whispered obviously lying. "It's bad for the public image," He winked.

"If this puny kid could beat the kidnapper, what's stopping the police," JJJ said with enthusiasm.

"Puny kid?" Ryan said, "I'm no--"

"Where did you get hurt?" Haylee interrupted.

"--Puny Kid, What?" Ryan paused to process the question. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Oh just here and there," He said.

"I--"

"Here's your coffee, Hero," Frank said placing the coffee on the table.

"Aw shucks, Thank you for the coffee," He said sipping his coffee. "What's with the questions?"

"Well, you were scared of my cat 3 days ago and now you're on the news for kicking a kidnapper's ass," Haylee said.

"I got lucky," Ryan said taking another sip.

"She's PMSing don't worry about her," Frank said sarcastically.

The bell chimes again.

"You've got a customer," Ryan said.

"I know," She said walking towards the door. "Hey, Natasha!"

Frank shrugs and resumes to the kitchen.

Ryan saw a familiar face pass by him to sit at another table led by Haylee. It was the blind woman who he met at the park.

"Hey!" Ryan waved.

"What?" Haylee said annoyed.

"I was uh-- I was waving to her. The second-hand embarrassment.

"oh," She said awkwardly. "I didn't know you to knew each other,"

"Hey, Natasha," He said standing next to the table she was sitting at.

"You found out my name," She said as she placed her cane on the table.

"I sure did," Ryan chuckled as he sipped his coffee.

"When did you guys meet?" Haylee asked curiously.

"At the park," She said. "He was--"

"Yea! The park," Ryan said scratching the back of his head. "How are you doing?"

"Yea how are you?" Haylee asked. "You don't look so good to me, you're leg--"

"I stuck my leg in a manhole, hurt it pretty bad," She said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you doing fine now?" Ryan asked.

"I'm fine,"

"Glad to hear that," Haylee commented. "Your usual?"

"Yup,"

"I'll be right back," She beamed as she resumes to the kitchen.

"Ryan, Join me," Natasha suggested.

"Uh--Sure," Ryan sat down.

"You've been all over the news," She said.

"Yeah," He smiled.

"You're the talk of the town," She beamed. "Considering you're new and all" She paused "to the town,"

"Pretty huge thing you did there, Saving the kid and all," She added.

Ryan Just smiled and sipped his coffee.

"Have you met Vincent Alfredo?" She asked.

"No, but he invited me to dinner tonight," Ryan answered.

"That's awesome!" She beamed. "He could do something about your park bench situation," She chuckled.

"Yea..." Ryan said in a low voice.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, No, it feels wrong asking him something," Ryan said.

"I think you deserve it," She said as she moved her hand on the table scanning for Ryan's hand. She places it on top of his. "You saved his kid,"

"I-I guess I could,"

Ahem, Haylee interrupted. Ryan immediately withdrew his hand.

"Here's your order," She smiled as she placed Natasha's order.

"Thank you," Natasha beamed as he chewed down a cupcake.

"Oh, look at the time," He said looking at his wrist, which had no watch. "I gotta dash," he said picking up his coffee.

"Good luck with your dinner, Ryan," Natasha said.

"Dinner? You have a date?" Haylee asked.

"Date?" Ryan asked confused

"He's having dinner with Vincent Alfredo," Natasha clarified for him.

"Oh, he's probably inviting you to express gratitude, good luck," Haylee said leaning to a chair.

"Thanks, See ya, Haylee," he paused "Natasha,"

"See ya," they said in unison.

"See ya, Frank!, Thanks for the coffee!!" He yelled softly.

He heard some utensils clattering and Frank's head poked out. "See ya!" Frank waved.

Ryan rode his bike while sipping coffee. Obviously, that man is rich, he couldn't just show up in a hoodie and track pants with a worn-down bike, but that's all he got right now, This bike, his phone and one darn penny.