part 15

Everyone was now back in the car and got some food for Eddie.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin said.

"It'll be fine." Nancy replied.

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve said with a mouthful of crisps.

"That's what my mom does." Max said.

"Why don't we give it a trial run? "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triple screwed."" Robin ranted.

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas spoke.

""We're one step closer to finding Vecna." That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy said.

"See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve spoke.

"Uh-huh."

"Oh shit." Nancy said and pulled up to where Eddie was staying.

Everyone got out the car and you looked around. News reporters were there and random people were scattered around.

"This way." Nancy said and led the group to behind one of the news reporters van.

"A little after midnight... reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins high, Patrick McKinney. His limbs... his body, it was disfigured. There was an eyewitness on the scene. We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward." The sheriff spoke.

"Oh man." Steve said. "This is not good. Really not good."

"You've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do, and I appreciate your understanding."

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?" You heard from the walkie.

Dustin got the walkie out from his bag. "Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?"

"Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie said.

"Where is he?" You asked.

"Where are you?

"Skull rock. Do you know it?"

"Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and--"

"Garret, yeah. I know where that is." Steve said and ran off.

"Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming."

■-•

Everyone was now in the woods looking for skull rock. Dustin had his compass guiding you and the others.

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way." Steve spoke.

"It's north. I'm positive. I checked the map."

"You do realise Skull Rock, it's a super popular make-out spot?"

"Yeah. So?"

"Yeah, well, it wasn't popular until I made it popular. All right? I practically invented it. We're heading in the wrong direction."