Part 13

It was the next day and You, Dustin, Max, Lucas and Steve were in Nancy's house in the basement.

"Okay, be honest. Uh... you guys understand any of this?" Steve said looking at a magazine.

"No." Lucas simply said.

"Pretty straightforward." Dustin spoke.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve said.

"What's so confusing to you? So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him." Dustin explained.

"That's assuming he was cursed, which we don't even know. How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense."

"Far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it."

"The upside down? Is that what they're calling my home? That's hilarious, first Vecna and now the Upside Down, what else?" You thought.

"The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs." Dustin continued.

"Dinosaurs? What are we--"

"Okay. But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas said.

"How's he getting though now?" Steve questioned.

"And why now?"

"And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, "I'm good." And poof, he just disappears. Just... gone?"

"What if he's a person?" You suggested.

"Not possible." Dustin said.

"What if  Vecnas like that Eleven girl you speak of."

"Then he must be powerful." Steve said. "Back to what I was saying. Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it. Straightforward, my ass. Honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you."

"Sorry." Dustin said. Dustin looked at Max. "Miss--"

"Call me Y/n, it'll be alot easier." You spoke.

"Okay, Y/n any idea what she's writing?"

"Nope."

"Did she sleep?"

"I mean, would you?" Lucas asked.

The door to the basement opened and Robin and Nancy came down.

"Okay, so... we have a plan." Nancy spoke.

"Thanks to Nanny's minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." Robin said once they sat down.

"I'm now Ruth." Nancy said.

"And I'm Rose."

"Ruth?" Steve questioned

"Nice GPA." Dustin spoke.

"Thanks. So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics--" Nancy said.

"To which they said no." Robin spoke.

"But we landed a three o'clock with the director."

"Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor."

"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse."

"About that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh... we got some questions." Steve spoke.