Chapter Eighteen: The Deity [1]

Start from the beginning

"So this wasn't what they're after, huh? Then what?" He thought for while.

Agapius then immediately strode out of the cave with one last glance to the core, as it started to be out of sight.

The forest and noises of cicadas greeted him out.

Guilt and regret, that was the only thing he was feeling as he got out of the cave, he wasted no time and started to flee towards south.

Something kept on repeating inside of his head as he flew mid air.

'I shouldn't have left Dizian!'

***

Luna stagger as she blinked countless of times at to what she had just heard.

"It's a pretty good offer right?" The Deity said amused as she sneered.

Indeed, It really was. But somehow, Luna doesn't really find it quite a 'good offer'. The Deity was just basically wanted her gone in this world.

It was although, a tempting offer nonetheless. But it was also useless in someway.

"An offer for me to go back, huh?" Luna said repeating what the Deity offered.

"In the first place you don't even like it in here, do you?" She presume.

Luna clutch her hand as she smiled and face the lady in front of her.

"How can you say that? Honestly, I don't mind being here. Well, it may be true that I get homesick at times, but if I were to choose... I'd choose to stay here, I may not exactly be the chosen soul but since I'm here, why not make it fun and enjoyable until the end. Beside, I know agapius doesn't go back on his word. He'll get me out of here when the time come."

Luna know he can trust agapius but she cannot trust her. She's up to something shady, why else would this deity want her to go back? An act of good will, maybe? No, of course not.

"You really trust him? Ha!" She snorted. "Well, you don't really know him yet, huh? Don't you know he's just using you? A trial for him to be an official deity? You believe that kind of crap?"

The Deity laughed hysterically as she looked at Luna with an Austere expression. It gave her quite a shudder. "What a naive soul."

"Using me?"

"Ah~ that's right he's just using you, do you really think he'll send—"

"That wasn't meant as a question for you to answer. Sure, he's using me, so? If he's using me then I'll also use him to my advantage." Luna knew that she was nothing but a puppet, obeying anything that is supposed to happen in the game like a test lab rat.

If he do betray him one day, toss him like garbage, then Dizian would not blame him, he'll obviously blame himself for choosing to trust Agapius.

But, saying he's just using him plainly without a proper explanation doesn't really justify that agapius is really horrible.

"You're turning a blind eye to him manipulating you huh? I see, but what if one day he'll deliberately make your soul dissolve without a trace, he can and he wi—"

"Why are you deliberately trying to make me hate agapius? And if he is using me, mind telling me for what? In what way is he using me? For him to became a deity? Well sure that's one reason maybe."

"Like I said, that him striving to become an official deity is just him spitting crap—"

"Stop trying to change the subject. Tell me the reason why he's using me."