10- Smouldering Flames

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Iida" Izuku says as he smiles at his friend, "but we're really okay".

"Is that so? Then if I may" Iida says as he approaches Izuku, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him back and forth roughly, "do you know how worried I was for you all? It was awful, what happened if the five of you never returned?".

"Maybe you should take your own advice" Sero says as he pries Iida away from Izuku.

"I'll go make some lavender tea" Momo says as she leaves for the kitchen.

"You should at least have a bit of cake" Sato says as he picks up his cake.

"Hey Pika, where's Kacchan?" Koko asks as she scans the room for the angry blonde.

"Ever since he saw the news coverage, he's locked himself in his room and he's refused to come out. He hasn't eaten since breakfast yesterday" Kaminari says as Koko looks at him.

And with that, Koko needs no more words and she runs upstairs to Bakugo's room and she pounds her first against his door.

"Go away!" Bakugo shouts angrily from behind the door.

"Kacchan, it's me, Koko" Koko says as she hears shuffling from behind the door.

The door opens to reveal a bloodshot eyed Bakugo. Bakugo looks Koko up and down and then hugs her tightly, tears pouring from his eyes. Koko hears some people coming upstairs so Koko pushes herself and Bakugo into his room as she shuts his door with her foot.

"Are you okay?" Bakugo asks as he lets go of her.

"I'm fine and I'm feeling okay" Koko says with a reassuring smile.

"I was so scared" Bakugo says as he sniffles.

"I know" Koko says as she holds his hands.

"Is- is Deku okay?" Bakugo asks as he looks at Koko.

"Yeah, Izuku's fine as well" Koko says as Bakugo sits down.

"That's good" Bakugo says as Koko crouches down in front of him, "I'm so sorry I couldn't be there".

"Hey, there's nothing you could have done about it okay?" Koko says as she squeezes his hands.

"I'm weak. If I had just been strong enough to pass the licencing exam, I could've joined you" Bakugo says as Koko holds his face.

"If you were there, you would have gotten hurt" Koko says as she wipes his tears.

"Are the reports all true? Did you really save Eri?" Bakugo asks as he holds Koko's hands.

"We did and she's safe at the hospital. They're keeping her there under sedation so they can monitor her but the minute she wakes up, I'll see when you can go see her" Koko says as Bakugo nods.

"It must have been a shock to know she was so close this whole time" Bakugo says as Koko nods.

"It was but all that matters is that she's away from that place" Koko says as she smiles.

Bakugo has now calmed down now so Koko decides to go and get some rest. She walks into her room and she locks her door as she takes her jumper off. She slips on a vest and is about to get into bed when her head starts to ring. Her legs buckle from underneath her as she holds her head.

Don't you think you're being too harsh with them?

Kotaro, I don't care what deal you made with their father, as their grandmother, I will not stand watching you hurt them anymore.

Tsuki, Tenko, come here, I have something to show you.

Please Father. I didn't mean to do it. Don't hurt Tsuki and Kie. I promise I won't go in there again.