High School AU 2

'This day can't get any worse,' Jude thought. Out of all the people to have a project with, she ended up with the worst one. Cardan Greenbriar.
The guy who had made her life a living hell for the last years.

"Ah, come on," Cardan said. "Don't look at me like that. We need to choose something to have the project on."

"You know what?" Jude didn't want to argue at this very moment. "Why don't you just chose the subject."

That he did, without a single complain (much to Jude's surprise)
"So I was thinking we could do something on the witch trials or the origin of fairytales."

"You, Cardan Greenbriar, wants to have a presentation about... fairytales?" Jude was shocked at this. The teacher had said to do a presentation on whatever as long as it included history.

The boy in question stared at her with a look she couldn't quite understand.
"Well, well. I didn't take you for a judgy person, Duarte. Would you rather have some presentation on WW2 or smt?"

Jude rolled her eyes, but agreed to the stupid fairytale idea.

They were going to find some fairytales and see how they aged with the years.
They chose six fairytales to have about, (didn't agree, so they both chose three) this would have to be done by the end of the month, meaning they had plenty of time in classes.

Jude felt relief surge through her as the bell finally rang. She could finally escape this prison of partnership.

The rest of the school day went fairly well, at least better than the beginning. Jude didn't see anything to Taryn in any lesson, something that was not new to any in the school.

Taryn and her friends usually skipped the day to go shopping or look at boys from other schools. (Weird. We know.)

When the last bell rang, Jude was one of the last to leave the classroom. She wandered down the halls as they emptied.

All her friends had gone early as they had something to do, leaving Jude alone as all teenagers hurried out of the building.

She went to her locker to dump off her stuff and made her way out. She heard talking coming from one of the empty classrooms.

Normally, Jude wasn't one to listen to other people's business, but the voice coming from the room was awfully familiar.

Taryn.

She couldn't make out what was being said, but before she could move closer she felt a presence behind her.

She turned, and there stood her tall egoistical history partner.

"Wow, I didn't take you for an eavesdropper, Duarte," the insufferable boy whispered.

"I'm not, but it's my sister."

Cardan have her a knowing smirk, one she couldn't quite understand.

"Ah, the better Duarte twin. Maybe I should shoot my shot with her, she seems easy after all."

Jude glared at him. Taryn acted like a bitch, but she deserved better than Cardan nonetheless.

"Not that I'd be the first."
With that he walked away, leaving Jude alone once again. She wanted to open the door and see what Taryn was doing, but eventually went home, leaving her head full of a mystery.

A/N

My pc is gone so it took a while to get enough motivation to use my phone

Please come with other ideas other than high school, maybe that'll help