131045

Disclaimer: I do not own The Promised Neverland or any art shown. (I wish I did because then I'd keep Leslie)

.

.

.

"We didn't make it in time..."

.

.

.

'Conny...'

.

.

.

.

.

You were currently in the kitchen helping mama with breakfast. Even though it was a particular struggle for you to eat, you enjoyed the cooking part. You were bringing out the food alongside Ray when you saw Emma staring at mom in the corner of your eye.

You continued to set the table, trying not to think about it. You then saw the albino boy approach her and whisper something in her ear. Whatever he said helped a little, but she was still clearly upset. You shrugged it off as breakfast began.

After breakfast, you saw Emma and Norman enter  a room. You were about to use this opportunity to confront them when mama placed a hand on your shoulder. "[Y/N], dear, could you help clean up before free time?" she asked with a closed-eye smile.

You nodded and headed back. You couldn't help but wonder what the two were talking about in that room. The curiosity was killing you as you stared at the door. You wanted in on what the two saw at the gate.

You felt a hand on your shoulder, snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked over to see Ray with a concerned expression. You gave him a small smile as you both finished the rest of your chores.

.

.

.

It was now free time, and you were tired of waiting. You were about to run off after Emma and Norman when you felt something grab your hand. You looked down to see Mark and Naila. "[Y/N], can you please play in the forest with us? We want to play hide and seek!" They exclaimed.

You sighed and followed them into the forest. You stood on the edge and began to count for 2 minutes. After time was up, you jumped onto a tree. Hanging around in trees was a habit of yours. You often spent your time up in trees, jumping from branch to branch. Not very fast, but effective when playing hide and seek. 

As you were hopping around, however, you caught sight of a red haired boy. It was odd, because he seemed to be around 10 years old. His hair was curly... but he vanished in less than a second. You froze in place as you could have sworn you recognized that face. Suddenly feeling your chest tighten, you stumble, almost falling to the floor but holding on strong to the tree. You feel your breathing getting shallow and all of a sudden it feels like you are trapped. 

The boy you saw, you knew that boy. You knew him years ago. But his face was still fresh in your curse of a memory. Charlie. He appeared once more but much closer, jumping on the same tree as you were, officially knocking you down and efficiently all the air as well. You screech as you fall to the ground. You laid there, gasping, tears starting to fill your eyes when all of a sudden you hear your name being called out

"[Y/N]!! What happened?!"

"Are you okay?"

Mark and Naila came out of the bush they were hiding in and rushed to your aid. You were left in a daze, but violently shaking. You took two very deep breaths and tried your best to soothe the 2 kids who also seem to be on the verge of crying.