Chapter 5: Kalos Summit (Part 1)

"Nice to see you came back Ash." Clemont smiled.

"Yeah I know, I just needed a quick break from all the tournament organizing stuff." Ash chuckled nervously waving his hand around nonchalantly.

Clemont studied Ash but then looked at the other person who was holding his hand.

"Serena?" The Lumiose gym leader questioned in surprise.

"Hey Clemont." Serena greeted as she waved her other hand.

Clemont noticed the fact that Ash and Serena were holding hands. Being the smart guy, he knew what was going on. So he asked them about it.

"Oh are you two together now?" He asked with eagerness. He wanted them to be together for a long time ever since Bonnie told him about Serena's crush on Ash.

Serena and Ash glanced at each other and looked back at Clemont.

"Yup!" They nodded with joy.

"Splendid!" Clemont cheered happily as he couldn't wait to tell his younger sister the good news.

"Now I apologize for cutting this short but Ash I really need you back in the conference room before everyone starts challenging one another." Clemont spoke as shook his head but continued on.

"Especially Leon and Raihan...my gym does not support the tactic of Gigantamax or Dynamax battles." Clemont sweatdropped trying to not imagine what his gym would look like if said situation were to happen.

"I thought you could only do that in the Galar Region?" Ash questioned with slight confusion.

"It was like that for a bit until we found some wishing Stars here that were connected to Eternatus and also discovered new dynamax energy areas up north." Clemont stated with expertise.

"I guess that makes sense." Ash agreed and looked at Serena who seemed deep in thought.

"Whatcha thinkin about? Ash bumped his shoulder on Serena's.

"Oh I was just thinking if we can gigantamax here now, could that mean I can finally gigantamax my Alcremie." Serena answered as she reached into her pocket. She grabbed three Pokeballs to start and threw them in the air.

Some of Serena's Pokémon came out of their respective Pokeballs.

Ash saw a Delphox, a Slyveon, and a Pangoro.

"Sylveon!" The fairy Pokemon chirped happily as she wrapped around Serena's arm to feel her emotions.

"Del!" The fox pokemon exclaimed excitedly as she saw Ash again.

"Pangoro!" The fighting Pokémon raised his arms up in celebration of the two's reunion.

"I see you evolved your Pancham and Braixen?" He asked Serena with amusement.

"Yes, it was quite the story, believe it or not." She answered and reached for her other pocket.

She took out a single Pokeball and smiled as she released her Pokémon.

"Alcremie come on out!" Serena exclaimed excitedly.

The ball opened up and the fairy type Pokemon jumped out excitedly.

"Hey Alcremie." Serena said happily.

"Alcre!" The small pokemon chirped with much energy.