31| Pt. 1-Mysterious Sicknesses lead to the Titanic

Start from the beginning

"Kuboyasu, don't!" Kaidou, though tempted, had Teruhashi's best interests in mind. She probably wouldn't like them agreeing without her consent, right?

"Give me your answer by tomorrow morning, or else I'll take that lovely (Y/N) and Saiki of yours with me." Saiko stood up and walked out of the class, something only he was allowed to do because he was rich. 

Aren was silent as he pondered Saiko's offer. Class resumed and all he had on his mind was that they could exploit Saiko by agreeing to go.

----

"So that's the story?" Teruhashi replied to Aren's recap of the offer.

"Yeah, but you don't have to go if you don't want to! We'll just decline." Aren was facing the floor the whole time, not having enough courage to look at her for fear she might be disgusted.

Just as he was feeling ashamed for only thinking of himself, Teruhashi's lively voice piped up. "Of course I'll go!" 

If only Aren had lifted his eyes to look at her face, he would have seen her money hungry expression as she imagined getting on a yacht, for free nonetheless. Imagine how much attention she'll get when she returns! 

And she did get a lot of attention when they returned.

---

The next day the sound of wheels rolling on the pavement was hardly noticed by the bustling excitement of the high schoolers who were about to board their first luxurious ship. The group of friends could not hold their excitement as they hurried toward the location Saiko send them.

"I can't believe this isn't a dream!" Yumehara squealed as she clenched Mera's hand. 

"I can't wait to try fancy food," drool was sliding down from Mera's mouth and her stomach growled because she hadn't had anything for breakfast that morning 

Even (Y/N) couldn't sustain her excitement as she followed behind them. When Aren and Kaidou had approached her as she was sitting in class with a book, she did not believe them when they asked if she wanted to go on a cruise trip to a private island.

Initially, she thought that they had been scammed by someone, or had gotten their hands on one of those fake ad flyers. When Saiko's name was mentioned, she facepalmed as she realized that they had fallen into one of his tricks.

"Let me guess, Teruhashi's going?" She didn't even need their response. Why else would Saiko invite them onto his private luxurious yacht? This was another one of his plans into getting Teruhashi to date him. 

"Fine, I'll go." 

Aren and Kaidou high fived each other, and when they left, (Y/N) mumbled, "Someone has to keep you guys out of trouble."

And so, they boarded the ship. Saiki grudgingly boarded on as the last person, an ominous feeling settling into his stomach. The ship immediately set sail, not even giving Saiki a chance to mentally prepare himself.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

"Come on buddy, don't look so down! Ain't ya excited?" Nendou pat him on the back, and Saiki felt like throwing up as he stared at the pineapples on Nendou's vacation flannel. 

Saiko clapped his hands loudly to gather everyone's attention.

"Since you're all here now, I'll give you a tour of the ship. It's so big you plebians are going to get lost without my instructions, so pay attention."

Saiko led them up and down the stairs as the ship swayed, already headed off for their destination. He pointed out a bowling alley, a pool, a sauna, a restaurant, a gaming area, and many more areas of entertainment.