"yeah, ill be in and out, 20 seconds," Max muttered out to steve before she pulled herself out of the car and shut the door behind her. The rest of the teens sat silently as they watched the girl walk into her house, as if they were worried that Vecna would jump out and grab her suddenly whilst she was walking to the house

"Maybe I should just go in there with her, its not a good idea for her to be alone right now," Adira muttered out to Steve, reaching down to her seatbelt plug but Steve quickly shook his head and reached over, grabbing his sisters wrist softly to stop her, concern all over his face

"Thats not a great Idea," Steve said in a worried and hushed tone, "what is the point of you going in there after her when he is trying to kill you too, its basically just giving him the chance to kill two birds with one stone Addy," Steve muttered to her. 

She opened her mouth to argue with him, clearly not liking the idea of Maxine being separated from the group and being all by herself. However, she hesitated before nodding her head, agreeing with him. She wasnt going to admit it out loud, but she knew that he had a good point

"Well then maybe you should go in there with her Lucas," Adira muttered out as she turned in the front seat to look over at Lucas who had barely said any words this whole time. Adira could see how worried he was about Max, and to make matters worse, Maxine was barely even paying him any attention.

"I don't think that's a good idea, she can barely stand sitting next to me in the car, I don't think she would like it if I followed her into her house after she had told us that she wants to do this alone," Lucas said with a small sigh. Adira just let out an exhausted sigh before turning back around in her seat to sit properly

"This whole situation is fucking shit," she groaned and ran her hand over her face before running her fingers through her hair aggressively and tugging on it. Steve looked over at her in concern and placed his hand on her knee, giving her a soft look

"Hey, come on Bambi, its gonna be okay alright, I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you," Steve told her firmly, giving her a soft smile. She looked over at him, tears in her eyes as she nodded her head softly, she liked to believe that she and her friends were all going to make it out of this alive, but she wasn't a fool.

"Bambi?" Eddie spoke up from the back seat, he had never heard anyone call her that before, and he honestly thought that it was rather cute, but he was confused as to where it had came from.

"Only Steve calls her that, he came up with it when they were little or something, because her name is Adira (A-deer-ah) so Bambi as in the deer," Dustin explained to Eddie who just nodded his head

"Cool beans," Eddie muttered out softly.

Steve looked up into the rear view mirror and saw Dustin clutching onto his Cerebro in the back seat, Steve looked at the machine with furrowed eyebrows for a few moments before asking, "that thing has got batteries in it right?"

"I'm not even answering that question," Dustin said with a sigh after giving Steve a look of disbelief through the mirror. He rolled his eyes, not being able to handle Steve's stupid questions. 'What a stupid ass question' he thought.

"Hey now don't say that Dusty, there are no stupid questions," Adira said with a small grin as she looked at Dustin through the rear view mirror, "poor Stevie boy just isn't up with all the times you know," Adira said with a small chuckle. 

Dustin looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, he was certain that he hadn't said it out loud, yet somehow, the girl had managed to hear what he had said. Or maybe she had just said in randomly... that's possible right?

"What?" Dustin asked her in shock, thinking that his mind and ears were playing tricks on him. It wasnt the first time that it had happened either, Dustin had only seen the girl randomly answer a question that hadn't been asked out loud one or two times before, but it still seemed to amaze him.

Adira looked between Steve and Dustin in confusion, "what the hell do you mean what? Are you telling me that you have never heard that saying before? You said that it was a stupid question."

"No I didn't," Dustin muttered out, "at least not out loud, I said it in my head" Dustin continued. Adira looked at them all with a laugh, thinking that they were all tugging at her leg and joking around with her, but she soon stopped laughing as they looked at her with serious looks on their faces

"Sweetheart, Dustin didn't say that it was a stupid question, all he said was that he wasn't going to answer the question," Eddie muttered out to her softly, looking between the boys in confusion, worried that the girl was going slightly mad from this curse. By now he was sitting back in the seat, he cared more about making sure that the girl was okay than him getting caught.

"Ed, I literally heard him say that it was a stupid question," Adira said with an annoyed huff, "could you all please stop looking at me like that?" It didn't take long for her to get annoyed by the looks that they were all giving her so she turned away from them and put hear headphones back over her ears and turned the volume all the way up and stared out the window, waiting patiently for Max, "whatever," she muttered out softly, also scared that she was beginning to go insane.

"Ads, Sweetheart hey," Eddie muttered to her and tapped her softly on the shoulder from the small gap between the side of the car and the head rest. She turned her head and pulled her headphones off to look at him through the small gap, "I didn't mean to upset you, I just don't understand how you could hear what Dustin said... when he didn't actually say it."

"He did say it though," Adira said with a small huff, tears coming to her eyes. She was exhausted, and everything was all just pushing her off the edge right now, "I'm not crazy Eddie, I- I swear I'm not crazy."

Eddie reached his hand forward and carefully swiped her hair behind her ear, "I don't think you're crazy sweetheart, trust me," he said and gave her a small smile. He could see the fear in her eyes, fear that people were going to think that she was crazy...

She was scared. Scared that they were going to think that she was insane and then send her to the doctors again, just like her parents had. She reached her hand up as Eddie went to pull away and caught his hand in her own, holding it softly against her cheek for a few moments, "thank you," she whispered to him before letting go. Eddie pulled his hand back hesitantly with a small smile as the girl turned away from him and put her headphones back on.

Steve was watching the conversation occur with a glare on his face whilst Dustin and Lucas were both looking happier than ever. Eddie was now staring down at his hand with a grin on his face and rosy cheeks, "man..."

"So are we gonna talk about what the hell just happened?" Lucas asked them all softly, hoping that Adira couldn't hear him through her music, though he doubted that she could considering her music was so loud that they could perfectly hear 'Every breath you take' by The Police playing through the car.

"I said that it was a stupid question in my head," Dustin explained to them, "and yet she heard me perfectly as if I had said it out loud."

"Well then how the hell did she hear you say it, that's crazy," Lucas muttered out. None of them wanted to talk too loud because they didn't want the girl to hear their conversation, nor did they want to draw any attention to themselves from around the trailer park

"She just does it sometimes," Steve muttered out, "she's just lucky or something, I don't know its weird, she has been able to do it since we were little kids, but it only happens really rarely," Steve whispered to them, "mum said that she was like psychic or some shit like that, I don't know... shes been able to do some weird shit growing up and mum used to send her to this doctor guy or something to try and stop it."

"Thats badass," Eddie muttered out with a grin, "Adira is totally badass."

"Yeah well our parents didn't think so," Steve said with a sigh, softly tapping his fingers against the steering wheel.